VP - Policy Executive for Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Risk Policy & Procedures, Risk Policy
VP - Policy Executive for Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Risk Policy & Procedures, Risk PolicyKey Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing and implementing the overall ESG risk management framework, policies (including sectoral policies) and procedures (including development of ESG risk assessment tools and KPIs) for OCBC Group.
- Ensure integration of ESG risk management procedures into internal credit process.
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders (e.g. other GRM units, Group Legal, Regulatory Compliance Unit, and Business Units, as applicable) in the development and implementation of the ESG framework, policies and procedures.
- Ensure all ESG policies and procedures are effectively communicated and disseminated to all relevant users. This includes conducting policy training and advisory support to all policy users.
- Advice, assist, and review localised policies of our subsidiaries to ensure compliance with group core standards.
- Work closely with relevant divisions to develop Sustainability Reporting for OCBC Group. This includes stakeholder engagement and communication (e.g. disclosure on the Bank's website, annual report etc.).
- Monitor public (e.g. international and industry best practice standards and principles) and regulatory development relating to sustainability and ensure continual relevance of our ESG policies and practices.
- Continual development and improvement to our ESG risk policies and risk practices to bring OCBC's ESG practices to be on par with international banks over time.
- Help to develop and maintain alliances with key industry association (i.e. ABS), advocacy, NGO groups and key international bodies to support OCBC's ESG efforts.
- Minimum 8 years working experience in a risk management discipline, with a good understanding of both ESG and credit risk management. Preferably with experience in sustainability management and reporting in global banks.
- Ability to analyze ESG issues and to effectively communicate these to Senior Management.
- Good understanding and familiarity of Commercial Bank's risk framework, policy and guidelines.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and writing skills.
- Able to work independently, prioritise and operate under tight deadlines.
- High level of drive and initiative, with strong interpersonal skills.