VP Risk Measurement Assurance
- Permanent, Full time
- Eames Consulting Singapore , EA Licence No: 16S8091
- 22 Sep 16
A leading International Bank is seeking to hire a VP Risk Measurement Assurance who will act as a subject matter expert and provide leadership for Operational Risk and Control matters within Group Risk Management (GRM), working closely with GRM Model Owners and with colleagues in Group Operational Risk and Group Internal Audit.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Ensure that Bank's Group Operational Risk Framework is embedded within GRM; coordinate GRM engagement with the Bank's Operational Risk team; provide operational risk framework training for GRM as necessary.
- Define and document GRM processes; maintenance and development of existing process maps and risk ratings; operational risk monitoring and reporting (e.g. use of Bank's Group Operational Risk systems); identify potential issues and enhancements; provide GRM management team with assurance that processes are designed and operating effectively.
- Liaison with Bank's Group Internal Audit (GIA); help GIA to coordinate GRM audit planning and execution; coordinate review of GIA findings and GRM responses; consolidate and report any resulting GRM audit issues, and track remediation plans through to resolution and issue closure.
- Support and coordinate Model Owners and other GRM stakeholders for operational risk and audit related matters (including External Audit).
- Document, maintain and enhance GRM procedures and Department Operating Instructions (DOI); monitor adherence to and effectiveness of GRM procedures and DOI; ensure that procedures and DOI meet all applicable control requirements including those arising from Bank's policies (e.g. Bank's Group Model Risk Policy), Model Assessment Committee requirements, regulatory requirements, and the Bank's Group Operational Risk Framework.
- Provide GRM operational oversight of and support for model inventory, model implementation and model use.
- Coordinate GRM input to Bank's group-wide risk and control initiatives (e.g. Conduct Risk), infrastructure, data quality and reporting initiatives (e.g. BCBS 239), and other similar initiatives impacting GRM’s operating and control environment.
- Fulfil the role of Department Continuity Coordinator for Business Continuity Management.
- Support the department as directed by the line manager.
• Degree level education;
• 8+ years experience in internal audit or operational risk within financial services or consultancy;
• Exposure to Basel II and Basel III regulations and credit/market risk models;
• Highly articulate with sound communication skills.