- Permanent, Full time
- GIC Private Limited
- 18 Aug 17
Investment Services Private Market and Finance Department The Investment Services Private Market and Finance Department is responsible for investment services for the private market and financial management across the GIC group. It is responsible for providing operations and reporting support to the private market business of GIC as well as budgeting, accounting, payment processing, cash management, tax and financial & management reporting services to all departments, corporate management companies and the global offices of the GIC group. We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our team as a VP, Tax.
• Partner with the investment team based in our Singapore and other internal groups (Singapore and overseas) in GIC on tax and finance-related matters:◦Provide tax structuring support to real estate, private equity and infrastructure investments;
◦ Tax due diligence review, and provide finance and tax inputs on holding structures, legal documents and investment assets;
◦ Manage the finance and tax aspects of the investment holding structure including the review of transactions, and provision of statutory and management reporting.
• Steward of GIC tax risk management framework including tax guidelines, processes, and procedures.
• Participate in enterprise-level tax projects, to automate tax processes, reporting and analytics.
• Drive continuous process improvement to create efficiencies and support capability to business needs.
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in finance, tax, accounting or banking. Professional accounting or tax qualifications preferred.
• Tax professional with at least 8 years of relevant work experience, of which at least 3 years will be in the tax practice of a public accounting firm
• Strong experience with cross-border tax experience.
• Strong team player with excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
• Keen user of emerging technologies and business intelligence tools. Experience in building dashboards and Business Intelligence visualisation tools such as Tableau is an added advantage.