Vice President - Senior Auditor II
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 25 Sep 16
Vice President - Senior Auditor II
As a company doing business in more than 150 countries, and with over 250,000 employees, Bank of America is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Corporation stock (NYSE: BAC) is a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the Global Banking & Markets and Global Commercial Banking businesses. The company is a long-established participant in Asia Pacific with a presence since 1947. With 23 offices in 12 geographies, covering nine currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, Bank of America Merrill Lynch offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate & Investment Banking, Global Markets and Wealth Management, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch has been expanding in the Asia Pacific region with compounded annual growth of over 20% for the last three years. Focusing in the Large Corporate client base in the region, as well as global multi-nationals, the differentiator for Bank of America Merrill Lynch lies in the services we provide to clients. From the implementation of new products and services to the support we provide clients as part of the banking relationship, our mission is to deliver a world class experience to our clients, while managing the business with tight operational risk routines and continuously improving the efficiency of the organization.
- Sound organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully communicate to influence management on all levels to address risk in both strategic and tactical initiatives
- Self motivated, operates with a sense of urgency and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a very detailed manner as well as to look broadly across a population and develop connections and themes identifying risk and concerns
- Implement risk based audit strategy. Coordinates, schedules, scopes and leads team activities on audits (including large, cross-functional).
- Independently execute assigned audit activities and supervise audit team during assignments. Coach junior team members in execution of the audit.
- Lead analysis of control deficiencies as well as expansion and refinement of documentation for more complex control deficiencies to drive actionable business impact, and recommend audit rating.
- Exercise judgment and critical thinking to influence business partners to drive business actions and influence management on sufficiency of corrective actions.
- Identify control trends in assigned business areas with impact to the business and to the Bank overall by applying deep and broad business acumen in the Global Banking and Markets businesses, with a primary focus in the GBAM Operations processes such as - Trade processing, confirmations and settlements, P & L attribution, Position and P & L reconciliation, Price verification.
- Have a good understanding of the Global Markets Operations and Corporate Banking/ Transaction services Operations processes, in order to identity the key controls and draw up the audit program to conduct audits.
- Accounting degree with a minimum of 8-10 years or more of work experience in an Audit or Operations role.
- Excellent communication and strong analytical skills.
- In depth knowledge of Global Banking and Markets businesses, particularly in the Global Market Operations and Middle office and CBK/ GTS Operations.
Posting Date: 10/03/2016
Location: Singapore - Singapore
Full / Part-time: Full time