Vice President, Compliance & Inspection (IOI)
- Permanent, Full time
- Mizuho Bank
- 28 Sep 16
Asia & Oceania Administration Department - Compliance & Inspection
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and NYSE) and is one of the largest financial services companies in the world. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. provides financial and strategic solutions for the increasingly diverse and sophisticated needs of its clients with offices located in all the major cities of the world such as Tokyo, New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Overview of Division/Department
Our Compliance & Inspection (C&I), a member of our Asia & Oceania Administration Department, is in charge of formulating and maintaining the compliance framework to ensure our compliance with internal and external regulations.
Your key roles & responsibilities include:
- Assisting and Reporting to the Head of Compliance & Inspection in the day-to-day running of the Compliance Review & Testing team
- Leading the team in planning and completing the conduct of (a) compliance reviews and testing (as part of the Compliance Action Program or otherwise), (b) intra-office inspection (as part of the Intra-Office Inspection Plan), (c) information control inspection (as part of the Information Control Action Program), and (d) telephone and email surveillance (as part of the SIBOR rate submission governance framework) (collectively, Review & Testing).
- Performing Review & Testing in a timely fashion, and lead the team in the same.
- Identifying areas of weakness where compliance should be prioritized, and advise, provide recommendations and guidance to stakeholders so as to improve/ rectify any weakness identified.
- Ensuring timely submission of reports and/or reviews/ testing/ inspection results to Management and Head Office, as may be required.
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes and industry practices, and (where applicable) tailor our compliance review, testing and inspection policies and procedures to align with new developments.
- Keeping undated on Head Office and Internal Operation Procedures, Head Office Official Circulars, and regulatory laws and regulations, and (where applicable) advise relevant stakeholders.
- (Where applicable) Participating in Compliance Committee Meeting, Compliance Forum, Operations Risk Committee, Rate Submission Oversight Committee and any other committees, forums or dialogue sessions as part and parcel of the Bank's overall compliance and monitoring framework.
- Providing guidance and training to the team so as to equip them with requisite skills.
- Leading/ assisting in ad-hoc compliance review/ testing and/or inspection related projects.
- Ensuring that the Compliance Manual, Compliance Risk Management Manual, Internal Operation Procedures, and the Intra-Office Inspection Guidebook, relating to compliance reviews/ testing and inspections are up to date
What you should have:
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- At least 8 years of Compliance and Training experience in a corporate or commercial banking environment
- Familiarity with FATCA and Outsourcing regulations
- The ability to be initiative, independent, and resilient
- An inquisitive and analytical mind, a people-oriented personality, a willingness to learn, and the ability to work in an unstructured environment are attributes that will help the candidate perform successfully in this role
- Good verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills
Join Mizuho Bank, Ltd., in Singapore, and be part of our expanding team, passionate to build the future together. "One MIZUHO: Building the future with you"