- Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
- Permanent, Full time
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- 19 Sep 17
Finance Business Partner
Finance Business PartnerJob no: 993485
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: South Africa All
Categories: Finance & Accounting
The Commonwealth Bank Group is executing a plan to enter and disrupt the South African banking market. This will be achieved through a combination of innovative technology platforms, simple transparent and relevant customer offers, unique and differentiated partnerships and a distinctive focus on digital banking. Our strategy is one of financial inclusion - we are looking to breaking down the barriers to participation in the formal financial system. We will do this through a combination of this ultra-low cost innovative digital banking proposition together with an emphasis on financial literacy where we will deliver the knowledge and understanding that is a prerequisite to trust and participation.
The purpose of the role:
You will provide high quality financial solutions to business challenges, through financial modelling, analysis and insights. You will bring a passion for meeting the needs of individuals through a range of banking products as well as a deep understanding of the benefits that technology can bring to customers' daily lives.
- Provide modelling, analysis and insights to senior leaders to identify revenue generating and cost saving initiatives across the bank, challenging the commercial accuracy and robustness of key value drivers.
- Provide high quality financial analysis, insights and solutions for a variety of business challenges, and present as appropriate.
- Provide real time intelligence on competitor activities and the broader business environment, including analysis of Full and Half Year competitor results.
- Budget, forecast and provide variance analysis of actual against budget with key drivers.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels within the organisation.
What will make you successful?
- Bachelor Degree in Business , Commerce, Accounting, Finance and/or Economics
- Advanced financial modelling and corporate finance experience (advantageous)
- Ideally you will bring 1-3 years' experience from within financial services and knowledge of banking products
- The ability to convert complex business problems into measureable financial solutions to assist decision making and strategy development
- Strong commercial awareness with the ability to challenge key assumptions
- Advanced communication, stakeholder engagement and influencing skills
- A deep understanding of digital and the benefits technology can bring to customer's daily lives
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment and to lead collaboratively through change
We are committed to building a respectful and inclusive workplace, appointing the best person for the role, supporting diversity. All information will be held in the strictest of confidence.
Advertised: 15 Sep 2017 South Africa Standard Time
Applications close: 22 Sep 2017 South Africa Standard Time
It's our people's talent, initiative, ideas and energy that help us achieve great things, together.