Finance Risk, Assurance & Advisory Analyst
- Not Specified
- Beckenham, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Direct Line Group
- 05 Sep 16
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Analyst to join the Finance Risk, Assurance & Advisory Team based in Bromley. As a member of the Finance Risk, Assurance & Advisory Team, you will contribute to the delivery of the Finance function’s ‘First Line of
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Analyst to join the Finance Risk, Assurance & Advisory Team based in Bromley.
As a member of the Finance Risk, Assurance & Advisory Team, you will contribute to the delivery of the Finance function’s ‘First Line of Defence’ risk, control, advisory and assurance obligations with specific responsibility for proactively engaging with Finance teams to identify and manage risk, produce MI and maintain data quality within the risk management system.
Manage production of the data within reporting packs for various committees / fora / processes / year-end.
- Managing production and operation of accurate and timely financial / risk & control reporting / processes to support management and functional requirements, including the Risk & Control Group and Balance Sheet Control Group which will involve technical VBA skills and TM1 knowledge;
- Be a point of contact for identification, challenge, advice, recording and reporting of risk related events, actions, resolutions, and control failures;
- Maintaining effective relationships with accounting teams, other business areas and control functions including Risk and Group Audit. Attend meetings and produce action plans and minutes as directed, and action requests from other departments or customers;
- Undertaking control testing and other assurance work as appropriate to provide assurance to stakeholders that the first line risk framework is embedded, and contribute to the Control Environment Certification process, and liaise with Risk (2LOD) and GA teams as appropriate;
- Ensuring the satisfactory completion of BAU and other activities required as part of embedding the Finance Risk Management Framework, including maintaining the quality of risk and control data and wherever possible, improving it at all times;
- Contributing to any ad-hoc work as directed such as FRCF Scoping, Records Management, Business Continuity and EUDA management.
- Foundation in Risk Management with the Institute of Risk Management (IRM)
- A backgound in Financial / accounting for Financial Services preferably within insurance.
- Professional accounting qualification / or Part qualified / Honours Degree with Accountancy modules
- Audit / control / risk / SOX experience or some specialist knowledge in Investments / Reserving / Reinsurance or Information Security
- Technical VBA skills for Excel and Access.
- Visio and Sharepoint technical skills
Our application process has been designed to make joining us as smooth a transition as possible, it not only provides us with the information we need to decide whether you’re the right person for the job, but also to make sure we’re right for you. Get more details on our application process here.
Your Online application
No matter which job you’re applying for, completing our online application form is the first thing you need to do. It takes about 10 minutes to complete by uploading your CV and telling us a bit about you. Take a look at our tips on writing a great CV and before you apply pages to find out what information you’ll need to hand.
Career benefits and rewards
It all starts with a competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do. We’ve made sure your annual holiday entitlement is attractive too – and what’s more, we let you choose the rewards that suit your lifestyle.
That kind of flexibility is a key feature of our benefits package. And there’s plenty to choose from, including:
- Pension funding of 9% of your base salary – you can choose to contribute less or more than this
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- Private medical cover (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Direct Line Group employees can apply for 50% off Direct Line and Churchill home, motor and pet insurance policies
- We also provide free Direct Line travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover to our people.
You can find out more by speaking to our Recruitment Consultant for this vacancy, Sam Swindells at email@example.com
Please also contact us if you consider yourself to have a disability that requires an adjustment to help facilitate your application, interview or the joining process.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We're one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We're home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.