Finance Risk, Assurance & Advisory Manager
- Not Specified
- Beckenham, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Direct Line Group
- 13 Sep 16
This is a great opportunity to build a career at Direct Line Group within our Finance department as a Finance Risk, Assurance & Advisory Manager. This is a permanent position based from Churchill Court office in Bromley (Just a 17 minute direct train from London
This is a great opportunity to build a career at Direct Line Group within our Finance department as a Finance Risk, Assurance & Advisory Manager. This is a permanent position based from Churchill Court office in Bromley (Just a 17 minute direct train from London Victoria).
You will manage the ongoing operation of the Financial Reporting Control Framework (FRCF) and provide input and challenge into the Finance wide risk management process with respect to the risks and key controls, and contributing to the testing responsibilities.
You will also prepare reports for the Finance Leadership Team (FLT), Operational Risk Committee, Audit Committee and for other adhoc purposes along with co-managing the Balance Sheet Control Group & Risk Control Group process on a monthly basis.
• Managing the satisfactory completion of the annual Finance Risk Assessment process ensuring the ongoing compliance requirements are in line with the EWRF, underlying Policies and Minimum Standards. Providing dedicated support to the business in ensuring adequate and effective controls are in place to mitigate the key risks across the directorate;
• Conduct and review key control testing to ensure they are adequate and effective and testing is in line with minimum standard requirements. Manage the preparation and tracking of an annual testing plan (including non-Finance FRCF controls), and the reporting and successful completion of the key control testing across the Finance function in line with stipulated deadlines;
• To manage the ongoing operation of the FRCF, including the governance, oversight (in line with methodology), communication, and education of the FRCF to the Finance and non-finance directorates ensuring successful implementation of the process on an annual basis;
• To be a risk and control subject matter expert on change programmes, emerging regulation / legislation or professional standards (accounting / actuarial etc) to ensure that the appropriate operational key controls are put in place prior to going live;
• Keep a timetable of relevant committees / fora / processes and prepare reports for the Risk Control Group, Balance Sheet Control Group, Finance Leadership Team (FLT), Operational Risk Committee (ORC), Audit Committee, and any other adhoc reporting that is required;
• Management of the Finance Risk Framework to ensure this is adequate and effective in line with the DLG EWRF, and that all emerging risks, change situations or developments are incorporated into the framework where necessary; and
• To perform any adhoc or risk, control, assurance or related work as required by the team such as providing training on risks or risk systems.
Skills we are looking for
• Certificate in Risk Management with the Institute of Risk Management (IRM)
• Financial / accounting background Financial Services preferably insurance.
• Professional accounting qualification / or Part qualified / Honours Degree with Accountancy modules
• Audit / control / risk / SOX experience or specialist knowledge in Investments / Reserving / Reinsurance / Information Security or Change
Our application process has been designed to make joining us as smooth a transition as possible, it not only provides us with the information we need to decide whether you’re the right person for the job, but also to make sure we’re right for you. Get more details on our application process here.
Your Online application
No matter which job you’re applying for, completing our online application form is the first thing you need to do. It takes about 10 minutes to complete by uploading your CV and telling us a bit about you. Take a look at our tips on writing a great CV and before you apply pages to find out what information you’ll need to hand.
Career benefits and rewards
It all starts with a competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do. We’ve made sure your annual holiday entitlement is attractive too – and what’s more, we let you choose the rewards that suit your lifestyle.
That kind of flexibility is a key feature of our benefits package. And there’s plenty to choose from, including:
• Pension funding of 9% of your base salary – you can choose to contribute less or more than this
• Income protection
• Life assurance
• Private medical cover (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
• Direct Line Group employees can apply for 50% off Direct Line and Churchill home, motor and pet insurance policies
• We also provide free Direct Line travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover to our people.
Where can I find out more?
You can find out more by speaking to our Recruitment Consultant for this vacancy, Sam Swindells at email@example.com
Please also contact us if you consider yourself to have a disability that requires an adjustment to help facilitate your application, interview or the joining process.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We're one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We're home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.