Data Mining Analytics Officer - Compliance
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Citigroup Global Markets
- 09 Sep 16
Compliance proactively identifies, assesses, reports and mitigates compliance and reputational risks across business lines, products, legal entities and jurisdictions to the benefit of our franchise, customers and employees.
Compliance proactively identifies, assesses, reports and mitigates compliance and reputational risks across business lines, products, legal entities and jurisdictions to the benefit of our franchise, customers and employees. Compliance sets standards, and uses an enterprise-wide compliance risk management approach in partnership with the business and other Global Functions to drive a strong culture of compliance and control, and support the principles of Responsible Finance. Compliance is committed to providing sound, independent advice and excellence in execution.
The Data Mining Analytics Officer will be responsible for developing data analytics that support testing of various regulations. As part of the Data Mining team, the candidate will work with business teams, compliance officers, and technology in order to understand various regulations, policies and processes, and the supporting data and systems. Results from their analysis may become part of a continuous testing program. This role will cover multiple Citi businesses.
Role holder's responsibilities will include but not limited to:
* Design and implement data analytics as part of an effective Compliance Testing program
* Build analytics that identify and measure compliance risk
* Build models/analytics/visualisations to measure and identify issues and exceptions
* Manipulate and analyse data sets across multiple platforms
* Design analytics with business intelligence / data visualization tools
* Analyse and understand data sets using statistical concepts and/or machine learning
* Work with stakeholders to design analytics across multiple product areas
* Identify project requirements from regulatory and senior management sources
* Create and maintain dashboards to periodically report on KRIs and KPIs
Qualifications and Competencies
* Strong database experience and/or data analysis skills, preferably in the Financial Services Industry
* Proven experience of visualising data, analytical and/or statistical information
* Experience of documenting and presenting analytical findings
* Understanding of project management, from requirement gathering to delivery
* Demonstrated ability to identify exceptions based on KRIs / KPIs
* Experience of prototyping and building proof of concepts a benefit
* Knowledge of effectively adhering to and documenting quality assurance outcomes and procedures
* Excellent data analytic skills using SQL, T-SQL, or PL/SQL (SQL Server or Oracle)
* Experience with data visualisation / business intelligence tools such as MicroStrategy, Qlikview, Qlik Sense, Spotfire
* Proven ability to quickly assimilate and organise large amounts of new, technical and non-technical, information
* Proven ability to understand and document analytical results/findings (using Microsoft Office tools)
* Excellent communication of technical and/or financial concepts, both written and oral, to key stakeholders
* Ability to identify possible exceptions from large data sets
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills
* Ability to work with a big data environments, such as Hadoop, NoSQL, Datameer and Platfora
* Ability to understand and implement statistical concepts and/or machine learning, using packages such as R, SAS and SPSS
* Proven ability to understand and implement principles of design to visualise analytics
* Understanding of VBA, Java, Python, Perl and operating in a Linux environment
* Ability to automate processes, using packages such as Talend
* Experience documenting for litigation, audit, or regulatory exams
* Background in controls, assurance/audit, financial, and/or compliance
* Ability to design and implement User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
* The successful candidates will need to show that they are well organised and disciplined; ability to prioritise multiple tasks and bring tasks to completion within established timeframes.
* The candidates must be able to work effectively with local contemporaries and peers in other countries and regions to maintain a collaborative culture.
College/ university education preferred but working track record will be taken into account.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer