IT Database Adminstrator
- Very competititve
- Brentwood, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Shawbrook Bank
- 29 Dec 16
Shawbrook is a specialist UK lending and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and saving products. We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive, stable return, sustainable growth and also benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks.
Provide 2nd/3rd Line Database Support and development to the business and other Companies taking their IT services from Shawbrook.
This role encompasses design, implement, strategy and operation’s.
~Database Administrator responsibilities:
• (Typically, no more than 12. These must include the key performance areas which the jobholder will be required to deliver against)
• All aspects of SQL (2008/12,14 and 16) operations, including support, design and databuild,
• Maintenance and task management (updates, bug fixes, routine patching, housekeeping)
• Understanding and administrating high availability and fault tolerance to ensure highest possible service uptime
• Assist application teams by providing a robust and high stable database platforms
• Ensure that all internal process and governance is followed and adhered too
• Ensure security and risk are the fundamental foundations for design, decision and delivery
• Provide expert level factual consultancy for operations and presales to the rest of the technical SME’s
• Documentation creations and management
Data Base Administrator Knowledge & Skills
• MCSE or equivalent Microsoft qualification
• Supporting, maintain and troubleshooting VMware cluster including identifying performance issues.
• Supporting and deploying Windows Server 2008, including high availability
• Building, deploying and the support of Microsoft Exchange 2010, SQL 2008.
• Working within change management processes.
• Supporting complex Active Directory implementation with multiple sites and forests.
• Installation and movement of IT equipment
• Windows Server 2003/2008
• IIS, DHCP, DNS, DFS, NLBA
• Terminal Services 2008
• Active Directory
• Exchange 2003/2007/2010
• SQL Server 2005/2008
• Virtualization using VMware ESXi 4.1
• Symantec Backup Exec
• Linux Debian
• Knowledge of TCF
• Adaptable & Flexible
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• to work as part of a team
• Prioritisation skills to ensure planned, routine and responsive work is completed within deadlines.
• Enthusiastic “can do” attitude