Assistant Director – Advisory Services Analyst
- Responsible for the delivery of consulting, implementation, model calibrations and client facing projects within the Insurance Services team. This is through a combination of direct client work and through leading/supporting a team of junior analyst in projects to implement software and content solution for actuarial pricing, capital and risk management applications.
- Leading work on the training and support of our clients in relation to insurance focused stochastic modelling products, models and calibrations. This includes the hosting of onsite training sessions and the delivery of training on these products and their underlying quantitative modelling techniques. In addition, the role holder will have responsibilities for the development, maintenance and delivery of training and support to our clients.
- Working with the sales team to engage with prospects in meetings/workshops related to the implementation projects for our products and content-services.
- Working directly with clients to support the implementation, training, documentation and validation of our insurance focused stochastic modelling products and services. Projects are varied and can involve a combination of activities run from our Moody's Analytics offices and also onsite with clients.
- Produce analytical work for insurers (Life, General) based on the application of financial modelling to life insurance and risk management problems. This will include use of the Moody's Analytics (B&H) ESG and wide stochastic modelling tool kit in the following areas:
- Configuring solutions for clients and working with them to implement our solutions.
- Working with our modelling operations team to configure bespoke content services
- Development and advisory projects with regard to bespoke modelling and calibration services
- Engaging with key stakeholders across our research and product development teams to represent our client 'voice' in the development of our software and content solutions.
- Maintain and develop client relationships and key stakeholder relationship across the insurance business.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the development and delivery of content services which enable our market leading Economic Scenario Generator (ESG) software solutions. Our ESG is used by over 140 financial institutions around the world with dominant market share in the UK and Europe and a growing presence in Asia and North America.
- Undergraduate degree in highly quantitative subject (financial mathematics, mathematics, physics, etc.).
- Working toward the actuarial qualification. Insight and knowledge of the modelling used in the Life Insurance sector is advantageous.
- Experience in a financial institution (e.g. within an insurance company or consulting firm)
- Understanding of financial mathematics e.g. derivative pricing, interest-rate modelling, econometrics, stochastic processes, Monte-Carlo simulation, etc…
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with teams from different backgrounds and at all levels.
- Experience of coaching, project management or project lead roles
- Efficient approach to problem solving
- Can be relied upon to hit deadlines while maintaining high standards
- Willingness to innovate and discuss ideas
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to communicate with people from different backgrounds and at all levels
- A sincere interest in the development and success of others
- Open to using new methodologies
- Dedicated to customer focus
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.