Internal Audit Associate, PDO
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Change Recruitment Group
- 24 Feb 17
Internal Audit Associate, PDO | Permanent | London Change recruitment group's client is a global investment manager looking to hire an internal audit associate to support the entire audit infrastructure in a role which is responsible for coordinating activities and communication across a global team, managing and driving the strategic planning process, implementing process innovations, and ensuring appropriate policies/methodology and procedures are in place.
The team plays a meaningful part in the development and continuous improvement of the Global team. The team maintains independence from the other audit teams by reporting directly to the Global Head of Audit and does not participate in traditional audit reviews or issues management.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a prestigious organisation in which the right individual will be able to develop their knowledge of the organisation's processes and will be given a unique career path.
The right individuals will embrace a fast-paced environment and be interested in not only adding high value as a member of the audit team, but in helping to evolve our audit processes, tools and methodologies. The team includes professionals with trading, sales, risk management, compliance, technology, finance and operational experience. Internal Audit reports directly to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
This role is part of a dynamic and rapidly evolving team that is looking to enhance the Audit and Board Committee reporting process and output. In addition, in this role, the team will be providing reporting and metrics to many internal business partners. The person applying for this role must embrace a fast paced environment and be energized by helping to drive continuous improvement.
The Internal Audit PDO Associates primary responsibilities will include supporting various Audit and Board Committee reporting, and metrics support and generation.
The PDO Associate will have the following responsibilities:
· Timely and accurate completion of executive and Board-level reporting
· Assist in ad-hoc analysis and reporting (e.g., control themes, audit issue analysis)
· Contribute to production of monthly metrics and business unit reporting
· Lead monthly metrics review calls to ensure data integrity and compile updates on open audit issues and databases
· Engage with audit team members to train, provide and receive updates to various data points for reporting purposes, gather requirements, propose changes etc.
· Assist in tracking and managing reporting timelines and expectations
· Engage with Audit and Governance contacts to obtain current information on reporting deadlines and requirements
· Work with teams across the globe
· Identify areas for improvement in the process or output on an ongoing basis
· Some travel may be required
· Undergraduate or graduate degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Computer Science or business management is preferred. BA/BS, or equivalent, is required
· Prior internal audit experience and knowledge of audit methodology is a plus
· Knowledge of current regulatory and industry events is a plus
· Relevant professional certifications (e.g., CIA, CFSA, CISA, CPA) are a plus
· Problem solving abilities
· Strong organizational skills and presentation skills
· Excellent communication (verbal, written, and listening) and interpersonal skills; strong writing skills. Ability to communicate with all levels within the organization
· Accuracy and attention to detail
· Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Visio
· Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with peers and business partners
· Must be adaptable and work with minimal supervision. Must be able to juggle multiple projects and organize time effectively.
· Demonstrate willingness to put in extra time and effort, if needed.
· Commitment and strong work ethics.
· Deliver metrics process enhancements and compile value added reporting from our Audit Management Tool
· Appreciation for cultural differences as this role will work with teams across the world
· Ability to research, compile and analyze metrics data
· Ability to quickly learn new and existing software and be able to leverage that for analysis and reporting purposes
· Knowledge of business intelligence tools (i.e. Tableau) is a plus
For more information please apply via the website or email your updated CV to email@example.com for a further chat as well.