Investment Risk Manager
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Meraki Talent
- 14 Sep 16
Meraki Talent’s Global Investment Management client is seeking an Investment Risk Manager with a key focus of Portfolio Analytics.
The first key responsibility of the Portfolio Analytics team is the accurate and timely provision of market and liquidity risk reports for the group’s portfolios. This enables the team to ensure that the portfolios are being managed with an appropriate level of risk, in line with client, regulatory and in-house expectations.
The second broader responsibility of the team is in the provision of consultancy and reporting services across the wider business for risk and portfolio analytics information. This ensures appropriate, consistent and accurate delivery of portfolio analytics across the firm and for external distribution.
The third responsibility of this team is to enhance the use of risk analytics tools across the company. This will enhance the firms existing investment processes and provide a competitive advantage in client propositions.
The appointee will work closely with the portfolio oversight risk managers, the portfolio management teams and the Global Client Group in the development and delivery of the team’s services.
Responsibilities of the Investment Risk Manager:
- Work with key stakeholders within Investment Governance, portfolio management and the Global Client Group to understand their risk and portfolio analytics requirements
- Daily production of market and liquidity risk profiles of the groups portfolios, using a range of third-party and in-house developed models
- Design, development and delivery of innovative solutions, including portfolio construction tools, which enhance the use of risk analytics within the group’s investment process (potential outcome dependant on skills sets)
- Effective representation of the Investment Risk Management team in risk-focussed discussions across the company
- Liaison with internal and external data providers to ensure accurate and complete data feeds into our risk models
- Focus on efficiency, scalability and continuous improvement to ensure their risk analytics processes continue to add value
- Timely reporting of risk information for regulators, clients, internal customers, boards and committees
- Establish and maintain robust controls and documentation around the risk measurement processes
- Contribute as required to the broader investment governance activities
Background of the Investment Risk Manager:
- Undergraduate degree, ideally in a numerical discipline with a significant computing programming component
- Demonstrable work experience from within the asset management industry
- Understanding of investment risk techniques such as VaR
- Knowledge of securities/financial instruments
- Advanced Excel
- Strong numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Experience in a risk or quantitative role
- Understanding of risk factors and risk models
- Knowledge of portfolio and financial theory
- Working knowledge of risk model(s): RiskMetrics, APT, UBS Delta
- Working knowledge of investment systems: Bloomberg, Factset, Datastream
- IMC/CFA/PRM would be advantageous
- Programming skills: VBA, Matlab, SQL Server, R, C++, C#, MS Access