Market Data - Business Analyst
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Meraki Talent
- 19 Sep 17
Meraki Talent are recruiting on behalf of a well respected fund management firm based in Edinburgh for a Market Data – Business Analyst position.
The role will be split 50:50 between BAU work and project related tasks. This is a 12 month fixed term contract with potential long term opportunities for the right candidate.
As a member of the Data Operations BAU team, you will be responsible for the quality of data used by various business areas throughout the company and in external client reporting.
The SME aspect of the role will require provision of business process, market and investment data and Markit EDM expertise on behalf of Data Operations in support of change projects, ensuring technical design, operating model design, business requirements and UAT for all projects are developed and delivered to excellent standards.
Some of the BAU tasks of the Market Data – Business Analyst:
- Asset setup and data maintenance.
- Accurate addition and maintenance of asset data in the data management and trading systems.
- Asset pricing data maintenance and related procedures.
- Sector, Rates, Ratings, Counterparty and Issuer data maintenance.
- Asset, Controls and Fund / Client reporting tasks.
- Restricted Asset and Market Sounding Restriction / Lift procedures to ensure compliance with industry Regulatory Standards and guidelines.
- Audit trail, record maintenance and archiving.
- Query management and issue resolution / escalation.
- Being accountable and responsible for the maintenance, management and integrity of investment and market data in the data management and trading systems.
Some of the Business Analyst / Project related tasks will include:
- Pro-active engagement as the SME on all projects impacting Data Operations.
- Engaging in the end to end project lifecycle deliverables, adapting to both agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Ensuring all Data Operations’ business and process requirements are captured, built, tested and delivered by projects, ensuring agreement with Data Operations Management throughout.
- Working with Data Operations Management to agree resource plans and schedules for successful project implementations.
- Third party data provider engagement.
- Pro-active stakeholder management.
- Risk and Issue raising and escalation.
The background of the Market Data – Business Analyst:
- Strong background in market data / asset pricing is absolutely essential
- Knowledge of Markit EDM would be a distinct advantage
- Have had previous experience of working on projects and helping manage projects#
- Strong excel skills (macro, V look up, pivot tables) is essential
Please note this is not a day rate role.