To create, verify and maintain quality software, and associated documentation, which conforms to the Product Development Process and meets the Product Requirements.
1. Provide input into system Architecture and create specifications for major software subsystems, or overall system, as required and as outlined in the Product Development Process.
2. Produce well structured, documented and maintainable code.
3. Assist in definition and promotion of defined quality standards for software engineering.
4. Provide maintenance support for existing software to ensure prompt rectification of problems
5. Ensure proper test, debug and verification of software prior to release.
6. Contribute to continuous improvement activities and ensure adherence to the Product Development Processes and tools.
7. Participate in, and contribute to, peer code reviews and formal Design and Product Reviews.
8. Create work breakdown and estimates for Products / stories.
9. Support the development and maintenance of source control systems as required.
10. Support the development and maintenance of build, integration and release environments as required.
The Moody's Analytics development team in Edinburgh is a part of the global Moody's Analytics Engineering Team. The team works closely with the product development team in Grenoble (France) to deliver solutions to Global clients.
1. HND/Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Technology discipline preferred .
2. Will be experienced in commercial software application development experience working in an AGILE/SCRUM environment.
3. Will have experience in working with multinational distributed teams.
4. Detailed knowledge of programming languages, in particular C++, .Net and Java
5. Detailed Knowledge of databases, in particular SQL server (2008 and 2010) and/or Oracle
6. Completed several projects utilising the full software engineering life cycle and using appropriate Structured Design Methodologies e.g. OOA/OOD.
7. Experienced in client-server, Restful, SOA architectures.
8. Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and reporting skills.
9. Excellent English communication skills (oral and written).
10. The ability to travel and work in Europe for short periods of time (weeks).
A self-motivated, creative individual with demonstrated success in the development of Software Systems. A logical thinker with a structured approach to design and problem solving. Capable of interacting within a team or working in isolation without close supervision. Effective communicator especially within a technical arena.
Specific Behaviours & Competencies:
• Forward thinking, highly creative
• Relates personal ideas to innovative solutions
• Personal ambition to operate at the leading edge of S/W Engineering
• Constantly seeks advancement
• Builds effective relationships at all levels, both internally & externally
• Communicates clearly and concisely at all levels
• Leads by own example
• Supports conditions for "buy in"
• Logical, structured approach to problem solving
• Good verbal and numerical reasoning skills
• Challenging and questioning
• Achieves clear, stretching but attainable objectives
• Completes tasks to agreed criteria
• Operates in an open and honest manner which supports the key benefits of quality and continuous improvement.
Desirable (but not essential)
1. Familiarity with the following source control tools (SVN, Perforce)
2. Familiarity with the following Development tools (Visual Studio, Rally, TeamCity)
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.