Vice President, Internal Audit Quality Assurance
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Change Recruitment Group
- 24 Feb 17
Vice President - Internal Audit Quality Assurance | Permanent | London Change recruitment group's client is a global investment manager looking to hire a Vice President to support the entire audit infrastructure by reporting directly to the Global Head of Audit after carrying out independent testing to assess the adequacy of the audit process and the Internal Audit methodology. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a prestigious organisation in which the right individual will be able to develop their knowledge of the organisation's processes and will be given a unique career path.
The right individuals will embrace a fast-paced environment and be interested in not only adding high value as a member of the audit team, but in helping to evolve our audit processes, tools and methodologies. The team includes professionals with trading, sales, risk management, compliance, technology, finance and operational experience. Internal Audit reports directly to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
The Internal Audit Quality Assurance (QA) Vice Presidents primary responsibilities will be coordinating and executing independent testing to assess adequacy of the audit process and adherence to Internal Audit methodology and framework. We have a strong Quality Assurance program and continue to want to drive enhancements to our program. The QA Vice President will be involved in the development of enhanced QA programs, and ongoing training programs for Internal Audit. Given how dynamic and fast growing the audit team is, this person will thrive in environment of rapid change, aspire for excellence, be enthusiastic about sharing ideas for improvements and be a self-starter. Superior verbal and written communications and the ability to foster strong relationships is critical.
The QA Vice President will have the following responsibilities:
· Timely and accurate completion of QA testing across point-in-time audits, Audit Issues and Audit Action Verification, Risk Assessments, and Targeted topics
· Periodic refresh and development of QA testing programs
· Ad hoc analysis and reporting (e.g., QA themes)
· Contribute to the development of audit methodology enhancements
· Contribute to the development of training and best practices for the Global Internal Audit Team
· Deliver training to audit teams as needed
· Participate in processes for onboarding new hires
· Lead process improvement projects, as needed
· Involvement in other ad hoc departmental initiatives, as needed
· Undergraduate or graduate degree in finance, economics, accounting, or business management is preferred. BA/BS, or equivalent, is required.
· Significant prior internal audit and/or internal audit quality assurance experience is required.
· Proficient understanding of industry events
· Relevant professional certifications (e.g., CIA, CFSA, CISA, CPA) are a plus
· Strong understanding of risk and audit methodology
· Ability to provide effective challenge
· Strong project management, organizational, and presentation skills
· Excellent communication (verbal, written, and listening) and interpersonal skills; strong writing skills, etc.
· Ability to communicate with senior management / executive management
· Critical thinking and problem solving abilities
· Accuracy and attention to detail
· Strong power point and excel skills
· Thrives in growing, rapid changing environment
For more information please apply via the website or email your updated CV to email@example.com for a further chat as well.