AVP - Communications Strategist (12 months fixed term contract)
- Promoting MA's spokespeople, commentary and research, product suite and client wins via the media.
- Employing strategies and tactics designed to achieve maximum positive press coverage and to minimize negative or inaccurate reporting, whilst also ensuring clear brand distinction in resulting media coverage
- Assisting in message formulation - recommending ideas for research that would be relevant to the market, identifying ways to improve the quality and timeliness of such research, and working closely with subject matter experts to identify, prioritize and clarify key points in a manner accessible to the broader public.
- Developing and maintaining effective business relationships with strategic contacts in the print, web-based, and broadcast media; effectively preparing MA experts for media interviews; and monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on resulting coverage.
Communications is a team of editors, translators and media relations professionals, who work closely with lines of business across Moody's to provide strategic communications support around message development and media engagement on issues of credit risk.
- Minimum five years public relations / communications experience, ideally within the financial services sector.
- Familiarity with the credit ratings industry a plus.
- Experience in managing a range of relationships with both external media and internal clients.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and execute near-term and long-range communications strategies.
- History/track record around financial product promotion.
- Undergraduate degree in journalism, communications, marketing, business, or related discipline is required, and a master's degree preferred
- Knowledge, skills and abilities required for satisfactory job performance
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.