Agile Analyst (Client Reporting)
Salary: Base + Bonus + Benefits
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
As an Analyst Developer you will undertake analysis and development for business and technical change with a particular focus on Schroders Client Reporting Platform and Vermillion Reporting.Overview of role
This is an Agile Analyst role working within the Distribution Projects team, undertaking analysis and development for business and technical change within the global Distribution division. The Distribution Projects team works in conjunction with the business-facing Collaboration Services team (covering Web, Intranet and CRM) and the technically-focused Web Technology team.
The role will focus on changes to the Schroders Client Reporting Platform and Vermillion Reporting Services (VRS), specifically changes to the data feeds into the Platform and extracts/reports from it. The Platform provides an internal global user base with the capability to create and schedule external Client Valuation, Performance and Quarterly Investment reports. Currently up 7000 reports are schedule per month. The role would not be limited to VRS development, but would involve working with a whole suite of reporting tools.
General Key duties
• Analysis and Development, covering activities such as:
- Impact assessment of changes
- Identification, analysis and development of solutions
- Specification and development of test scenarios and testing support
- Post go-live support
• Develop effective relationships across the business and IT.
Specific Key duties – Client Reporting Platform (Vermillion Reporting Services)
• Work with business user across Distribution and Portfolio Service teams
• Act as third line support for any support issues raised via the Help Desk and escalated by the Production Support team.
• Implement change requests relating to the platform:
- Challenge and shape business requirements
- Carry out initial IT impact assessment to enable change to be prioritised
- Conduct any follow on analysis work and drafting requirements and specifications
- Conduct the configuration/build/development
- Contribute the systems integration and user acceptance testing
- Coordinate the deployment of any changes to the production (live) environment
• Respond to change requests to implement new/changed
- Product types (funds)
- MI and audit reports
- Manual data sources
- Reporting components
- Report templates
• Assist User Acceptance Testing:
- Assist the Business Super User in defining any new UAT test scripts
- Load new requirements (business and functional) and related test scripts into the test management system
- Manage testing outputs
• Carry out impact analysis on changes impacting the Client Reporting platform.
• Implement changes to VRS reports and workflow as required
• Asset management experience preferred, but any other financial services would be satisfactory.
• Experience in a business analysis role essential including business process change and technology change experience
• Demonstrable experience of requirements elicitation through direct interaction with business users and their processes (Interviews, observation and workshops).
• Understanding the principles, methods, techniques and tools for the effective management of the testing process and the execution of tests throughout the lifecycle of development projects including designing test approaches, defining test cases and managing user acceptance testing.
• Experience of cost benefit analysis of solutions and approaches useful.
• Experience of drawing up workstream plans or running a workstream desirable, but not essential.
• In additional to client reporting experience, experience in one or more of the following would be useful: web, intranet, CRM, SharePoint, SalesForce
• Experience in working on projects following both waterfall and agile approaches
• Extensive experience of implementing and/or supporting a Reporting platform (preferably VRS) is essential.
• Must be proficient in using/writing SQL queries
• Performance and attribution knowledge is desirable
• Fixed Income, Equity and LDI knowledge is desirable
• Understand Agile development principles, the software engineering life cycle and the concepts and practices required to implement effective information systems.
• Experienced in the investigation, evaluation, interpretation and classification of data utilising data analysis techniques such as logical data modelling and relational data analysis.
• Business system integration experience essential.
• Knowledge of Microsoft technologies essential
• Business intelligence knowledge and experience useful.
• Experience of enterprise content management and document management methodologies desirable.
• Good problem solving skills, able to demonstrate initiative as well as logical, structured thought processes.
• Strong communication skills – written, pictorial, presentational, verbal – at all levels within the organisation.
• Good relationship management skills - able to engage with and gain confidence of others and maximise their contribution to the process. Confident enough to be able to challenge business ideas where they do not meet stated project objectives.
• Comfortable working independently, but a good collaborator. Able to take responsibility for coordinating and planning objectives and activities.
• Flexible and adaptable while at the same time maintaining focus and a drive to deliver.
• A technical minded person with a desire to keep abreast of technological, regulatory and other environmental changes impacting financial services.
Note To Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV’s and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV’s sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV’s directly.