Anti-Bribery and Corruption Specialist
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Deutsche Bank
- 19 Sep 17
As an Anti-Bribery and Corruption Specialist you'll be supporting the ABC team in the rolling out of the Joint Ventures Risk Assessment processes and methodology throughout DG Group.
Anti-Bribery and Corruption Specialist
As a leading global bank with roots in Germany, we're driving change and innovation in the industry - championing integrity, sustainable performance and innovation with our clients, and redefining our culture and relationships with each other. With operations in over 70 countries, we encourage our people to think for themselves and reward integrity. Our large but focused footprint gives us a strong position in Europe plus a significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We offer clients commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking as well as ground-breaking asset and wealth management products and services. So if you're talented, collaborative and curious about building an exciting career in finance, you're exactly the type of person who might succeed in our organisation.
Our (Anti-Financial Crime) AFC team is responsible for protecting Deutsche Bank from financial and reputational losses incurred by financial crimes by assessing, controlling and mitigating risks. Risk types related to Anti-Financial Crime are consolidated in a comprehensive and effective risk management framework that covers Anti-Money-Laundering, Sanctions & Embargoes, Anti-Bribery & Corruption as well as Anti-Fraud & Investigations.
As an Anti-Bribery and Corruption Specialist you'll be supporting the ABC (Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption) team in the rolling out of the Joint Ventures Risk Assessment processes and methodology throughout DG Group. You'll assist in the implementation, alignment and embedding of the ABC Joint Venture risk controls, procedures, processes and methodology across Deutsche Bank Group. You'll provide guidance and oversight to all business units on ABC Joint Ventures related activities / queries.
- Performing risk assessment and/or remediation of jointly owned entities; conducting in-depth investigations and reviewing risk questionnaires and data
- Supporting relationships with senior business stakeholders in all jurisdictions in which the Division operates and functional partners in Group Finance, Legal, AFC (Anti Financial Crime), Compliance and Regulatory Affairs
- Leading the implementation of Joint Venture methodology, controls and procedures within the scope of responsibility, reviewing their quality and efficiency; formulating recommendations for improvement in line with best practice, statutory requirements and business objectives
- Delivering support, advice and guidance on Joint Venture's risk issues from an ABC perspective
- Providing recommendations including risk classification for all entities reviewed as per of the Joint Venture risk assessment exercise from an ABC perspective
- Providing regular updates to Regional Head of ABC, Mercury program and other relevant stakeholders
- Managing project or program's with clear overall objectives, planning and developing approach and ensuring timely delivery and quality standards to enhance business effectiveness
- Supporting the establishment of a robust risk and control framework which meets the strategic needs of the Business, including advisory input and support for developing and maintaining awareness of these frameworks
Skills & Qualifications:
- Good understanding of Anti-Bribery and Corruption risks
- Evidence of effective interpersonal/Communication skills with a track record of building and sustaining effective working relationships and working effectively in a team
- Good understanding of bribery and corruption laws, approved guidance and best practice
- Previous experience of working in a Financial Crime role
- Appropriate professional qualification (ideally in Law, Criminology or related degree)
- Track record of resilience and resolve in challenging situations in order to ensure that effective action is taken / issues raised as required
- Ability to work closely with divisional stakeholders, providing high quality briefings, to tight time-scales
Please note that for the duration of this assignment you will be working as an external resource engaged by Resource Solutions based on site at Deutsche Bank.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital/civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.