Application Support Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Société Générale - UK
- 21 Apr 17
Application Support Analyst
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hardwork" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We all this Team Spirit and what makes us different It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
• Production Services team (ITEC/PRD/EMA) manages the service support of its users in the European, Middle-East and Africa branches.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
We're looking for a well rounded individual for the ongoing challenges. Your client-driven approach and service oriented mindset, your good analytical skills, your ability to summarize and feedback key messages, your good communication skills, your adaptability and ability to make decisions, as well as ability to assist decisions along to your local senior management, will enable you to succeed in your support mission.
As a Support Analyst in a very dynamic environment, you will be the part of the global support team, as our local support contact for below parameters:
• Origination Structuration and Distribution (FCC/OSD) applications
• Corporate applications (Local CSY)
Summary of responsibilities
• Ensure the support level 1 and 2 on dedicated applications.
• Follow up on end-user requests.
• Escalate the incidents to the appropriate development team when required. Liaise with relevant IT teams regarding new functional and technical enhancements.
• Ensure the continuity of the business by building and maintaining a strong relationship with the local helpdesk-support team, the infrastructure teams, the other production teams in London, Paris and BLR, as well as the project team.
• Follow the guidelines inherent to your support activities (call management/logging, incident management, problem management, Change management)
• Ensure regular follow-up with Paris PRS team for FCC/OSD activity through dedicated meetings
• Release follow up and package certification (in relation with Paris team), Participate, testing and communication of application releases.
• End-Users training.
• Make available the knowledge of the local activity by promoting and updating specific documentation (WIKI, user guide) to WW support teams.
• Guarantee a high level of service & quality & communication by industrialising processes and participating to the local & global projects.
• Work with Bangalore team to transfer support level 0 activities and coordinate existing Bangalore activities.
• Organize regular meetings with end users (review existing requests, reinforce support quality, enhance support functional understanding of the business).
• Ensure local monthly meeting with external provider (IPREO)
• Participate to continuous improvements and global governance. Identify improvement axis and lead/propose transformation of existing processes both for the business and our production services activities.
• Take part to transversal initiatives across our EMEA teams.
Level of Autonomy and Authority
• Responsible of the support activity in this perimeter, in line with ITEC/PRD/EMA organisation
• High Autonomy required.
• High ability to work in a stressful environment
• Good Communication Skills, speaking as well as in writing
• Strong Analytical skills
• “Problem solving” mindset and solution-enabler capacities
• Ability to make decisions and work Under Pressure
• Taking initiatives and good teamwork, service-minded approach, aim to achieve highest level of user experience
• Ability to prioritise and influence
• Proactive, be able to work with users and solve their problems quickly under stressful situations, support the users in every encountered problem and take ownership of the end user issue.
• Understanding of operational risk assessment
• Familiar with SQL queries
• Knowledge on Business Object or equivalent
• Understanding Agile methodology and Continuous Delivery
• Achieved ITIL foundation v3
• Experience on IT support in a Financial environment
• University graduate level, with an exposure to Finance.
• Ideally have a functional knowledge in finance, global markets and syndication.
• English: fluent
• French is a plus
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.