Be a Part of Our Success
Associate Director, Operations ControlWhat is the opportunity?
Operational Control team is embedded in RBC I&TS Client Operations business and represent an integral component of an effective 1st Line of Defense. Associate Director/Director, Operational Control analyze, challenge and report an independent point of view. Resulting in an independent opinion on the Operational Risk profile of assigned risk activities and challenging the Business on their understanding of their risk profile and the status and adequacy of the controls as they relate to risk activities. This is achieved by executing, managing & adapting practices relating to risk activities regionally..
What will you do?
- Lead independently and challenge locally the risk practices & quality required in alignment with enterprise level standards. (e.g. Operational Risk Events, RCSA, KRIs, RBC IS Trust Risk Reporting, Proactive Risk Management etc)
- Implement, develop and enhance risk practices that support the articulation to management and monitoring of I&TS's Operational Risk Profile & Appetite
- To provide expert operational risk and control advice to senior business leaders in the region through attendance on senior management committees and meetings with authority to challenge and escalate appropriately.
- Determine and report an independent opinion on the Operational Risk Profile for the region, and ensure timely escalation of issues and actions (eg large events, KRI & appetite breaches or business environment changes etc)
- Consult and challenge the business on their understanding of their risk and the status & adequacy of the controls. Influence key stakeholders to challenge the adequacy of their control environment.
- Support the Director of Operational Control with coverage on all risk practices, in line with the global risk governance and oversight model.
- Support Director of Operational Control Reporting with local, regional and global reporting requirements, including KRI development and roll out.
- Develop and deliver training and awareness requirements of Operational Risk and Control to the local region at local Management committee meetings
What do you need to succeed?
- Extensive relevant industry working experience (either within Asset Management or Investor/ Treasury Services)
- Relevant risk working experience
- CASS deep knowledge
- Relevant university degree
- Technology Appreciation and Awareness
- General knowledge of factors affecting business
- Professional qualification (eg. CA, CFA or MBA)
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .
Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: City of London
Address: Riverbank House
Work Hours/Week: 35
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: Yes
Application Deadline: 2017-08-11
Req ID: 141721
Posting Notes: [[mfield1]]