Basel IV Manager, analyst, developer, SQL, Regulation, Banking
- £550 - £650 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 23 Sep 16
A fantastic opportunity on a contract basis for a number of Basel IV specialists, including one to manage and lead the team - who is not afraid to get their hands dirty. Coding in Excel and SQL where required, but general Investment Banking and certainly Basel in general, are prerequisites for this position. Running your own 'bubble' of specialists, you will work on the BCRS extracting and analysing data to answer questions and investigations the wider business have.
1) Build flexible analytics platform for Basel IV / Credit Risk;
2) Develop solution using Excel; and
3) Perform pilot run for 09/2016 data.
Manage the following initiatives:
1) Analytics Platform to implement a flexible, scenario based analytics platform to assess the impact of the revised regulations (current and expected for year-end). Incorporate enhanced granularity to support required analytics such as ratings and corporate classification.
2) Mapping to match the regulatory classifications and proposed factors with the Group’s products and to assess the potential impact using risk data.
3) Planning to prepare a response and assessment plan for year-end 2016 to available management with updated impact assessment and suggested communication.
- SIM/BCRS Operations team in Financial Services Support Centre, Chennai
- Group Financial/Regulatory Reporting
- Business Finance and Country Finance teams in country
- Front Office
- Investor Relations/Group Corporate Affairs
- Global Risk Functions including Credit Risk, Market Risk, Operational Risk
- Group Treasury/Group Taxation
- Group Internal Audit
- Global Process Management team, Singapore
- BBA and other industry groups on developments in Basel IV regulatory reporting
- Bank of England/PRA
- Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS)
- Basel IV QIS, internal and external data requests
- BAU Capital Regulatory Reporting (solutions support)
- Internal reporting packs
- Basel IV Consultation responses
- Industry working groups
- Tactical and strategic Basel IV solutions
- Technical – technical aptitude, desktop programming (Excel, Access, SQL/SAS) SME investigating and understanding regulatory reporting rules.
- Communicator - communicate financial and regulatory information.
- Relator – utilise network to obtain information.
- Control environment - understanding of operating in a highly controlled enviroment
- Focus – ensure the team is focused on the key deliverables.
- Numeracy/analytical – analyse financial and regulatory information and report conclusions.
- Accuracy – present information accurately.
- Timeliness - meet tight deadlines whilst maintaining the highest quality standards.
- Teamwork – manage the team effort and shared workload.
- Intellectual – articulate financial and regulatory matters.
- Creative – recommend solutions on financial and regulatory issues.
- Change – adapt to changing reporting requirements and priorities.