BlackRock Solutions, Client Fulfilment, Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 28 Sep 16
BlackRock Solutions, Client Fulfilment, Vice President
Business Unit Overview:
Through its BlackRock Solutions ("BRS") division, the firm offers its Aladdin® enterprise investment management and risk system, risk management, advisory, and other outsourcing services. Over $15 trillion of exposures are currently processed through the Aladdin® platform, which serves as the investment system for BlackRock as well as for a large number of sophisticated institutional investors around the world. BlackRock's offerings include comprehensive risk reporting along with investment-oriented analytics and other middle and back office outsourcing and investment accounting services. The Aladdin® platform is the key to our ability to assimilate and analyze large, complex data risk across a vast array of investment holdings. The institutional infrastructure within BRS is truly unique, representing tremendous breadth and global scale in key functions such as data boarding and data integrity verification, financial modelling, financial and risk analysis and a wide range of analytical support services.
Introduction to BlackRock's Client Solutions Business
BlackRock's Client Solutions ("CS") team is comprised of over 130 professionals globally that provide complex solutions support for the Firm's largest institutional clients. Client Solutions serves over 400 clients comprising over $350 billion of AUM.
Client Solutions' mission encompasses acting as the clearinghouse for complex client inquiry, supporting clients with custom analytics, promoting solutions/objective-based client engagement, fulfilling client needs on a product-agnostic basis and providing thought leadership across a range of topics with a focus on long term strategic decision-making.
The Client Solutions team has a broad set of investment experience across fixed income, equity, alternatives and a wide range of specialized investment strategies which support its role in managing complex solutions and providing strategy, thought leadership and idea generation for clients and their consultants.
The Client Solutions team uses on-team resources in addition to the full breadth of BlackRock's investment capabilities across Alpha, Beta, Multi-Asset, Alternatives and Trading & Liquidity Strategies in order to deliver outcome-oriented investing solutions that typically incorporate liabilities, capital and other drivers of investment strategy.
Client Solutions is seeking is seeking a committed individual to work within the Client Fulfilment team within Client Solutions. The Client Fulfilment team is responsible for ensuring an outstanding experience for clients engaging with the Client Solutions group. The team provides a central change process for all Client types ensuring consistency and best practice within Client Solutions. The team also play an important bridging role to the Global Sales and Operational departments helping to set direction and control measures.
The role will have a two key aspects.
Primary role: On team project owner and coordinator
The candidate will be responsible for owning project implementation and oversight on team. The scope of the projects include data delivery, investment reporting, management information, user tools and business process reviews.
Secondary role: Client change manager
The candidate will be responsible for planning and managing complex change events while validating that the change is feasible, efficient, and consistent and risk aware. The diversity of client change, breadth of products and mandate types used by Client Solutions leads to a varied set of responsibilities.
The responsibilities of a BRS-CS Client Fulfilment Vice President include:
- Continually identifying and implementing process improvements to enhance the Client Solutions operating environment
- Designing and enhancing the client reporting offering
- Interface with key business partners in Technology, Legal, Compliance and other groups to drive the team's business delivery
- Support the design and production of management information to help coordinate and monitor business plans including business goals, objectives and metrics in partnership with the functional leads and other stakeholders
Client Change Focus
- Co-ordination and implementation of client change for both new and existing Client Solutions institutional clients with particular focus on the LDI and Synthetic client base
- Working closely with the Global Sales and Operational departments to be depended upon to deliver high quality client change and service
- Drafting consistent and unambiguous client legal documentation and instruction letters
- Attending client meetings to understand clients' requirements and ensure that the solution and its documentation are consistent with the objectives
- Responsible for resolving operational and data client requests for internal and external audiences
- Involvement in the reporting, performance and billing cycles, liaising with the relevant operational production groups and reviewing the functional teams output on a routine basis
The candidate should have demonstrated experience:
- At least 5 years' of experience in the financial industry or relevant business management experience
- Project management: of designing, implementing, monitoring and executing detailed operating plans
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders
- A well-developed knowledge of capital markets investments (i.e. understanding of Fixed Income, Equities and Cash-related products) and of Derivatives
- Confidence and curiosity to challenge quality and accuracy of data, processes and information;
- A broad operational investment background is essential
- Experience working directly with Pension Fund, Insurance or Retail institutions will be an advantage
- Demonstrated project management capabilities and ability to be responsible for driving projects forward
- Ability to question the status quo and ensure appropriateness of solutions
- Previous client facing experience an advantage but must have the ability to build relationships and a high level of integrity, enabling the candidate to become a trusted partner to clients and peers
- Good communicator with the ability to network with other internal BlackRock functional areas is essential and ability to explain complex topics to non-technical individuals in writing and verbally
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving abilities, and someone who can be depended upon
- Excellent attention to detail is an essential skill
- Committed self-starters who are also good team players, requiring minimal supervision
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- European language skills and advantage
- CFA preferred
- Advance excel skills would be beneficial