Bond Syndicate Trainee
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Internships & Graduate Trainee, Full time
- Société Générale - UK
- 13 Aug 17
Bond Syndicate Trainee
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
The syndicate acts as an intermediary between issuer clients and investor clients. The role of syndicate is to advise on pricing, to define an execution strategy, to distribute bond issuance through Fixed Income sales and in very rare occasions manage the unsold portion of a deal. Most of the deals brought to the market by syndicate are done on a best effort basis (sized and priced to demand).
Summary of the key purposes of the role
• Help the € IG corporate team to update pricing database with secondary levels
• Manage database of market deals
• Production of analytics and statistics
• Support in preparing presentations for internal clients (managements, DCM,...) under the supervision of a senior person.
• Basic support in transaction execution and help with certain internal documentation.
Summary of responsibilities
• Updating the New Issues database accurately
• Basic pricing under the supervisor of a senior person
• Work in collaboration with the middle office.
• Basic monitoring of the PnL of the desk
• Assist in miscellaneous (mainly administrative) tasks that are required from them (data gathering for management presentation, etc...)
• Assist in Roadshow organisation and feedback gathering through discussion with Fixed Income sales
Level of Autonomy and Authority
None. All tasks under senior person authority.
• Basic bond maths or strong mathematic background
• Excel and Microsoft office pack
• Fluent English. Knowledge of French is a plus.
• Communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Analytical skills
• No previous job experience required
No experience is required however any experience in banking/fixed income is desirable.
University degree preferably in either business administration, economics or engineering
Fluent English. Knowledge of French is a plus
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.