- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Randstad Sourceright
- 12 Aug 17
Business Analyst Location: London 6 months contract Payrate: £ 600-650/day A multinational banking and financial services company is looking for Business Analyst contractors for a 6 months fixed term contract in London. You will work within a department which is primarily engaged
6 months contract
Payrate: £ 600-650/day
A multinational banking and financial services company is looking for Business Analyst contractors for a 6 months fixed term contract in London.
You will work within a department which is primarily engaged to provide IT Solutions for a business line.
The key purposes of the role:
- Participate to different projects related to three major systems on the clearing platform: multi-asset allocation system and Listed Derivatives reconciliations tools
- Projects consist on-boarding new exchanges/products, implementing regulatory features and exchange upgrades, and as well enhancing processes and trade flows
- Understand current system processes/trades flows and document them
- Analyse project/business requirements and produce designs and specifications
- Assist in the implementation of project/business requirements
- Capture any business change and any opportunities for improvement for the systems
- Implement an automated non-regression tool to improve the testing standard
- Monitors and tracks quality related issues and problems through to resolution
- Coordinate and participate to the Users Acceptance Tests
- Validate solutions with business and IT representatives
Summary of responsibilities:
- Responsible for gathering requirements for reconciliation and top day allocation tools
- Respect the Systems Development Life Cycle procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal Policies that relate to you, your business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational risk requirements (e.g. Golden rules, security policies and regulatory requirements).
- Responsibility for managing, controlling, preparing and escalating risk within the scope of your position
- Responsibility for reading, understanding and complying with the Company’s Conduct and Standards and corresponding regulations. You will be notified of changes to policies in a timely manner through announcements and/or intranet updates.
- Act with integrity and due skill, care and diligence in carrying out your duties. Your actions should always be able to satisfy high standards of scrutiny.
- Observe proper standards of market conduct. Responsibility to ensure that you take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory bodies that are applicable to your business.
Requirements / technical knowledge:
- experience and industrial knowledge in investment / banking IS A MUST
- Strong experience in Listed Derivatives reconciliations
- Good understanding of the full trade life cycle
- Knowledge of financials products with emphasis on Exchange Traded Derivatives/Securities/OTC
- Extensive knowledge in System Analysis
- Strong experience in requirements engineering
- Strong experience in modelling business processes
- Experience in change delivery: User Acceptance Testing, handover activities, training and documentation writing
- Basic SQL and Database knowledge
- Basic knowledge of XML
- Must take ownership, be organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, disciplined, professional, and a team player to multiple tasks at one time, in a fast paced environment handling multiple demands
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels, multiple geographies, and business function
- Good time management skills
- Competent IT skills including advanced use of Microsoft Office, Visio
Nice to Have:
- Portfolio or public repository showing previous work
- Previous experience in setting up a continuous integration environment
- Experience of working on reconciliation tool UI
- Experience with MS SQL Server
- 10 Years plus as a web developer
- Expert in Angular JS and web technologies
- University Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent