Business Change Project Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Deutsche Bank
- 19 Sep 17
As a Business Change Project Manager you'll be responsible and accountable for the delivery of agreed project outputs to the agreed time, cost and quality parameters within the agreed scope.
Business Change Project Manager
As a leading global bank with roots in Germany, we're driving change and innovation in the industry - championing integrity, sustainable performance and innovation with our clients, and redefining our culture and relationships with each other. With operations in over 70 countries, we encourage our people to think for themselves and reward integrity. Our large but focused footprint gives us a strong position in Europe plus a significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We offer clients commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking as well as ground-breaking asset and wealth management products and services. So if you're talented, collaborative and curious about building an exciting career in finance, you're exactly the type of person who might succeed in our organisation.
The Risk division has a fundamental responsibility to protect the Bank. With group-wide responsibility for the management and control of credit, market, operational and reputational risks, we have a unique vantage point which allows us a holistic view of our businesses and our clients. Nearly 4,000 employees work together to achieve our ambition to be an industry-leading risk management organisation.
In an increasingly complex environment, risk management is fast-becoming the most sought after place to build a career within the banking world. Risk at Deutsche Bank is relied upon to help shape the strategy of the organisation and the wider industry agenda.
Risk Architecture is looking for an experienced Business Change Project Manager to support the ongoing execution of our operating model covering the Capability, Organisation, Process, Technology and Data space. The projects will be pan-Risk in nature; working across the Risk Functions to generate the maximum impact.
As a Business Change Project Manager you'll be responsible and accountable for the delivery of agreed project outputs to the agreed time, cost and quality parameters within the agreed scope. The Project Manager will manage and co-ordinate the activity of specialists, technicians and analysts to ensure that tasks are performed that result in the project deliverable. Where a project forms part of a wider programme, the Project Manager will have a functional reporting line to a Programme Manager.
- Ensuring that the project and associated business case are scoped, initiated and approved according to required procedures.
- Ensuring that the project is planned in a manner that delivers to the required cost and quality and within the agreed scope, including appropriate milestone definition, work breakdown structure, dependencies, and assumptions.
- Ensuring that the project is resourced appropriately.
- Ensuring that the project work is executed and implemented according to the plan or any agreed changes to the plan and according to agreed project management standards.
- Ensuring relevant and appropriate analysis, management information, and reporting is provided.
- Utilising the relevant governance bodies/steering committees for the purpose they are established
- Facilitating supporting or leading a small and large workshop environments
- Analysing and identifying possible risks and issues that could impact delivery and either resolve them or escalate as appropriate
- Ensuring that projects are compliant with the Change Governance Framework
- Supporting the development of an environment where people management and development is the number one priority. Coaches direct reports and others in the organisation, as appropriate
- Actively supporting the business strategy, plans and values, contributing to the achievement of a high performance culture
- Supporting tough people decisions to ensure people performance is aligned with organisation imperatives and needs. Addresses individual performance issues, where necessary, to drive for high performance
Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous work experience in financial services industry and good understanding of its competitive landscape - ideally exposure to Risk and/or Finance will be preferable
- Experienced across multiple disciplines of change e.g. business analysis, process improvement and design, change or transformation projects, structured problem solving
- Advanced knowledge and first experience in project management and governance along with the ability to provide support and guidance on the related processes, procedures and tools to all the project stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience in leading projects (preferably Global) to successful conclusions
- Experience in a management role with P&L accountability
- Experience in developing and tracking financial business cases
- High interpersonal versatility/flexibility, able to establish rapport/relationships quickly
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project with Access a valuable benefit)
- Educated to Bachelor degree level in a relevant discipline (or equivalent qualification / work experience)
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.
Please note that for the duration of this assignment you will be working as an external resource engaged by Resource Solutions based on site at Deutsche Bank.