Business Development Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Puma Investments
- 23 Aug 17
An exciting role has arisen for a bright, hungry and committed individual to join as a Business Development Associate within the Business Development Team. This is a key role in which you will work in tandem with outbound sales managers with the remit of maintaining excellent client services for our intermediary and direct investor community as well as maximising revenues for defined regions within the UK. You will act as a first line internal liaison person for our day-to-day advisor relationships as well as dealing with queries that arise.
Puma Investments is part of the Shore Capital Group, an AIM listed, specialist investment banking group with a 30+ year history of successfully focussing on equity capital market activities, asset management and principal finance.
The Puma Investments team is responsible for the Group’s tax efficient investment strategies, including Inheritance Tax Services, the Enterprise Investment Scheme (‘EIS’) and Venture Capital Trusts (“VCTs”). Puma Investments is a successful and dynamic organisation exhibiting very strong and consistent levels of growth year on year.
As such, it is an exceptionally exciting time for our business; combining our already very strong track record with ambitious growth strategies, we have developed our market share substantially.
We have an excellent reputation of delivering for both our investors and the businesses we support. Consequently we have raised in excess of £300m across our tax efficient offerings and are continuing to see high levels of growth; as an example our most recent VCT accounted for 61% of the limited life VCT space and our EIS fundraise was the highest fundraise for a new EIS on the market in the 2014/15 tax year.
We also believe that our products are amongst the best in the tax efficient sector (Puma VCT V has the highest return for any limited life VCT). We are proud to say that as a result of our intelligent and cautious investment strategy we have consistently delivered for our investors.
The team at Puma are bright, ambitious and passionate about what they do. Our non-hierarchical and meritocratic approach results in a close-knit team with a unified goal. We believe that success is produced by and belongs to all. In addition, rewards are highly competitive and based on performance.
The role will report into the Chief Operating Officer and will support a small number of Business Development Managers (BDM) who are involved in ongoing fundraising for our offerings.
This is an exciting time to join Puma Investments as we enter the next phase of our growth. The Business Development Associate role is an important one for the business, offering the potential to make a name for yourself and forge out a promising career at this fast-growing boutique asset manager.
The role will require excellent client relationship management skills, attention to detail and a meticulous approach to work. Responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the BDMs, offering ongoing support and management to our clients (current and prospective)
- Liaising with internal and external parties to ensure effective communication relating to inbound contact, requests for literature and investor information as well as any other communications including: processing investor application forms; mailouts and certificates etc.
- Handling telephone queries from financial intermediaries and investors and actioning as appropriate
- Responsibility for helping to increase fundraising through proactive measures such as cold calling to arrange meetings and any initiatives agreed with the Business Development Director
- Attending roadshows and events alongside the BDM and acting as an ambassador for the Puma Investments business
- Working closely with the nascent Client Services function and Marketing team to effectively support the BDM’s
- Supporting the Business Development team with any client relations tasks as appropriate
Being part of the Puma Investments team, there will be an opportunity to contribute to the wider business development process as well as to the activities of the team.
- Excellent academic record
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- The drive and attitude to excel in a sales based environment whilst maintaining the high levels of client services and integrity that are present within the business
- Previous experience of a relevant CRM system as well as good organisational skills
- Sound commercial common sense
- Inquisitive, keen to understand ‘why?’
- Adaptable and willing to get stuck in to whatever needs doing