CIB Operations - Commodities Investor Products Middle Office - Vice President- London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- J.P Morgan
- 27 Sep 16
See job description for details
The Commodities Investor Products Middle Office team provides first-line support for the Commodity trading business and acts as a key point of contact for all global teams in relation to the Commodities business .
The product set is diverse and includes complex and exotic instruments; the trading desks cover a wide variety of underlying's including Oil, S ofts, metals, energy and commodity indices.
We are looking for a strong individual who can demonstrate that they have relevant middle office trade support experience, preferably from a middle office background.
The candidate will be expected to:
- Ensure existing controls and procedures are followed accurately and monitor and manage trade lifecycle events to the required standard
- Display strong people management skills
- Display a strong understanding of Commodities, Structured Products and Indices
- Serve as a liaison between front office and all global teams
- Support change initiatives, as we support a business that is always evolving
- Identify opportunities to improve existing processes and procedures.
- Maintain a control focus while taking ownership of issue resolution, with appropriate escalation.
- Effective partnership with team members to ensure targets are met, including sharing product and process knowledge as appropriate
- Trade support middle office experience
- Product knowledge – detailed knowledge of Commodities, Structured Products and Indices
- Extremely detail oriented
- Ability to demonstrate task and issue ownership, through to resolution
- Understanding of risk types - market (positions), operational, settlement, credit, legal and reputational
- Has an in-depth understanding of individual functions comprising the business and their in t erdependencies and the overall end to end environment
- Analytical and problem solving skills - positive, solutions oriented attitude
- Pro-activity in identifying control gaps ensuring clear and precise action plans are in place
- Has a continuous focus on process improvement/process engineering
- Ability to communicate effectively across the organization, both orally and in writing
- Assertive and confident disposition, able to deal with all levels of personnel in Operations and Front Office
- Demonstrates negotiation and influencing skills
- Team orientation skills to manage interaction with diverse groups internally and externally.
- Flexible, proactive and innovative.
- VBA skills would be an advantage
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.