CIB Operations - Credit MO Credit Event Management Associate - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- J.P Morgan
- 27 Sep 16
See job description for details
The Global Credit Event team operates in a dynamic environment ensuring various types of defaults Bankruptcy, Restructuring, Failure to Pay, Moratorium and Early Termination are managed in a timely and efficient mannner. The Global Credit Event team manages the end to end default cycle across credit derivatives products i.e. Credit Default Swaps, Credit Index Swap, Credit Index Tra nche and Credit Bespoke Tranche for multiple business lines i.e. Credit Trading, Prime Brokerage, Credit Portfolio Group and Global Emerging Markets.
The focus of the Credit Middle Office very much one of control, as even the smallest mistake in the booking or management of a trade can lead to a significant impact on P&L Risk or settlement error. This fosters a dynamic environment, as processes are continually improved and/or reinvented to cope with the ever changing intricacies of credit products and nature of defaults i.e. no 2 defaults are the same. Thus, the emphasis for the London team is on understanding the fundamentals of the area and product in which they operate. Some of these trades are bespoke, highly structured OTC derivatives.
This role offers an exceptional opportunity to join a high profile team, with excellent opportunities for personal growth and development. The area requires close interaction with Traders, Risk, Legal, Trade Support, Deal Review and Finance amongst other teams which provides a fantastic opportunity to build solid relationships and a strong network. The individual must have a strong attention to detail and the ability to work in high pressure situations. The role will provide an opportunity to truly build a strong knowledge base of the credit derivative world.
- Assist in managing the credit event cycle for different types of events i.e. from inception to the event being processed
- Evaluate and review Inclusion lists on potential and confirmed names sent to various desks and business lines
- Compile Net Positions and sign offs for the ISDA protocol auction
- Assist in managing the Protocol and Non Protocol auctions
- Promote a control culture to ensure the team accurately captures all transactions into the risk management and processing systems
- Understand key risks and associated c ontrol points on the event lifecycle
- Extensive liaison with legal, finance and trading.
- Deliver projects and participate on MO initiatives
- Strong analytical skills and logical thought process
- Understanding of credit derivative products and 2003 and 2014 ISDA Credit definitions (Desirable)
- Flexible approach to undertake MO projects
- Numerical aptitude
- Ability to quickly grasp new features/products in a complex/unstructured environment
- Self-starter and ability to work under limited supervision
- A keen eye for attention to detail
- Good time management & multi-tasking skills.
- Good relationship building skills and ability to deal with counterparts at all levels
- Strong leadership potential
- Proactive mindset
- Excellent Excel skills
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.