CIB Operations - Operations Risk Manager - Associate - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- J.P Morgan
- 29 Sep 16
See job description for details
JP Morgan’s Global Commodities Group, within the Corporate & Investment Bank, operates from primary offices across Europe, North America and Asia. The business offers clients a global platform to a full spectrum of physical and financial products across energy, agricultural, environmental and metal commodities as well as more complex exotic structuring.
The commodities business is a challenging, fast-paced area of growth within an ever changing regulatory environment. This position will report to the Local Operations Risk Manager and will be responsible for defining, implementing and supporting the risk and controls agenda across Global Commodities Operations
We are looking for Business Associate within the GCG ORM team. The following areas of responsibility are required:
· Management and administration of current state reporting and production processes.
· Running our day to day reporting operations including but not limited to: the delivery of all weekly, monthly reports as well as other adhoc reports and analysis; monitor and analyze control findings and trends. Summarize findings and insights across all management levels.
· Lead all related analytic, reporting and technology efforts; manage project lists; design and develop dashboards, scorecards, controls and reporting
· Active participation in team project planning, milestone and deliverable management.
· Executing the SOX program across Global Commodities Operations
· Coordination and oversight of the RED drills and Business Continuity Planning
· Executing the RCSA process across Global Commodities Operations
· Supporting and partnering with core operations functional managers
· Ensuring full understanding and adherence to all policy guidelines and procedural changes, as well as identifying potential control gaps
· Reviewing control and performance indicators, analyzing trends and reporting of issues/errors/breaches
· Coordination of internal, external audit and compliance reviews
· Partnership with all internal partners, including Operations, Technology, Audit, Compliance and CIB Controls and Oversight teams
Successful candidates must be self sufficient, proactive, detail oriented and able to perform analysis, create reports and communicate insights as demonstrated in prior roles.
· Bachelors degree
· 3 years of financial services experience with a focus on Business Management, Control and Reporting
· Experience and comfort using Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Sharepoint)
· Self-motivation; Self-starter, independent worker, and ability to multitask
· Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills to different audience levels
· Well organized, with strong attention to detail and time management skills required
· Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment; comfortable re-prioritizing workload as needed, adaptability to changing priorities
· Possess excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, including an ability to influence and negotiate; comfortable interacting with cross-line of business partners
· Commodities operations experience and/or risk and controls background is preferred