C++ Developer, Order Management, Equities Delta 1
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 05 Jan 17
The EMEA Equity 1 Delta Technology team works closely with the Equities Sales and Trading businesses, covering a full SDLC from analysis and coding to maintenance and second line support of our shares trading applications. We deliver system improvements to meet the changing needs of the trading businesses and their clients, to uplift our applications to be on strategic robust and cost effective platforms, and to address financial risks and regulatory change to the business.
Technology is at the heart of our multi-billion dollar business. Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems.
We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in
milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide
market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside
industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
We want to see experienced C++ Order Management developers, with a strong technical focus, who are experienced working in
large complex codebases.
In particular we’ve two exciting on-going projects
1. Falcon – complete uplift of trading technology stack to an enterprise architecture, and new order management server
2. Risk Management - Consolidating and redesigning the Middle Office workflows and technical interface to improve client service.
Both projects offer great Trading Desk and Finance exposure.
- Strong technical skills – principally core C++ experience developing on Linux/Unix based systems.
- We expect a high level of testing and test automation and will want to see evidence of this in previous projects.
- Solid object oriented design and programming skills
- SQL and Database skills, e.g. Sybase.
- Multi threading
- Equities Order Management
- Prior experience working with distributed systems.
- Knowledge of n-tier architecture development and electronic trading platforms would be advantageous.
- Product level experience of Equities in either front or middle office
- Technical leadership or coaching of small teams