Client Services Associate – Graduate (2017025)
- Up to £27,000
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- River and Mercantile Group
- 24 Aug 17
River and Mercantile Group PLC (R&M) is a Solutions and Asset Management business with a broad range of services. Our Solutions Division provides Advisory and Fiduciary services to a large client base predominantly in the UK, primarily institutional pension schemes, both DC and DB and insurance firms. Our Asset Management activities currently focus on Equities, Derivatives and Multi-Asset Solutions serving a global client base of institutional clients and wholesale and retail financial intermediaries and strategic relationships.
We have a clear focus on delivering outcome-orientated investment. Understanding the needs of our clients and crafting the right investment solutions for them requires talented, ambitious professionals to be part of the drive to take forward our business.
Our 225 people work with institutional pension funds, insurers and retail investors to tailor investments and manage the associated risks. In total, we manage £28bn of assets, including notional, and consult on a further £25bn.
Our employees are drawn from a diverse range of specialisms from across the financial services spectrum, their experience spanning entry-level to seasoned executives. Our multi-national, multilingual teams have backgrounds as actuaries, fund managers, derivatives traders, investment bankers, accountants, systems developers and in insurance, legal and regulatory fields.
This makes us a firmly established yet enterprising company with a dynamic team ethos, not afraid to exploit the creative freedom to develop new ideas and push the leading edge of award-winning investment thinking.
River and Mercantile Group is listed in the premium segment of the official list of the FCA and traded on the London Stock Exchange.
River and Mercantile Group serves a large client base predominantly in the UK. Our subsidiary companies, P-Solve Investments Limited and River and Mercantile Asset Management LLP are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
This role will be working under the P-Solve Investments Limited entity.
Overview of the role
The Client Services team is expected to run client relationships as business managers, ensuring that each engagement is profitable for P-Solve, given each client’s needs. The individual fulfilling this role has broad responsibility to achieve this, but must operate within the governance and operating requirements of this part of the business.
The overall purpose of this role is to deliver excellent customer service to our clients in an efficient and profitable way as well as to the satisfaction of P-Solve clients. Individuals that join us will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of clients differing in size and complexity and ranging from traditional advisory to full fiduciary arrangements. Our clients are predominantly UK defined benefit pension schemes and it is on these we expect most time will be spent. However, we also have growing defined contribution and insurance consulting businesses, as well as an office in the US. The role is focused on the reporting requirements for the UK defined benefit and defined contribution clients and on assisting the Consulting team with providing service to fiduciary management clients and, in some cases, consulting clients.
We are an entrepreneurial, vibrant company with the energy and enthusiasm to grow and the market presence and financial resources to support our ambitions. We support our people by exploring with them their aspirations and strengths and providing the opportunities and development support to achieve identified goals.
- The increased client base and potential new business means we are looking to add to the client services team to:
- Maintain high quality of client service;
- Develop product knowledge of fiduciary management and other business areas;
- Develop one-to-one relationships with clients – work towards acting as first point of reference in relation to day-to-day queries;
- Have the ability to solve investment-related queries and problems;
- Broaden knowledge and interest in the financial sectors and markets;
- Provide explanations of clients’ investment returns in the context of their actuarial requirements;
- Carry out analytical and research work where required to support consultants;
- Liaise with accountants and auditors and respond to their queries to enable their preparation and sign-off of scheme accounts within specified timescales;
- To be aware of and adhere to Compliance procedures and requirements in respect of the following; confidentiality; data protection, anti-money laundering procedures, TCF, conflicts of interest.
Knowledge and Experience
Educated to a minimum of a 2.1 honours degree in a numerical, finance or economics based subject as well as having some experience within a financial company. In addition to the necessary academic achievements, we are looking for well-rounded individuals who possess and can demonstrate the following key attributes and skills:
- An ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Excellent interpersonal abilities;
- Well-developed communication skills both orally and in writing;
- An eagerness to take on responsibility and an ability to work to strict deadlines and manage conflicting demands on your time;
- Ability to multi-task and react to changing priorities in a deadline-driven environment, often under pressurised conditions;
- High degree of accountability, professionalism and a commitment to providing first rate service to both internal and external clients;
- Enthusiasm and willingness to take on a variety of tasks with an enquiring mind;
- Analytical and logical approach to problem solving;
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent IT skills in particular in the use of Microsoft Excel;
- High level of organisation skills;
- Proactive – able to plan in advance and anticipate requirements;
It is likely but not essential that the individual will possess either:
- formal accounting-related experience; or
- formal actuarial-related experience; or
- formal investment-related experience (i.e. IMC).
Remuneration and benefits package:
In addition to offering a competitive salary, this position attracts the following benefits package:
- Basic salary reviewed annually
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Competitive holiday entitlement increasing with tenure, ability to buy extra holiday
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Share Scheme (SAYE)
- Season Ticket Loan
- Commitment to personnel development including professional study support to complete appropriate qualifications and in house training.
River and Mercantile Group operate as a meritocracy and, therefore, selection for recruitment is on merit, irrespective of race, colour, age, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation or disability. This assumes that the applicants are fit and able to undertake the job. All appointments are subject to the right to work in the UK, satisfactory references; a personnel vetting check; and a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Standard Disclosure Check.
Selection criteria and, where appropriate, technical skills tests are in place to measure an individual’s ability for the safe and effective performance of a job.
Please send your CV and a cover letter quoting: Client Services Associate – Graduate (2017025).