- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia (UK)
- 23 Sep 16
An exciting opportunity has become available within the Compliance Team for a Compliance Officer at the Commonwealth Bank of Australia, London Branch. This is an excellent fixed term contract for an individual who is looking to start a career in Compliance.
No previous Compliance experience is needed, though a keen interest in the area is. Ideally you will also have some previous experience in Financial Services and/or a relevant degree, though this is not essential. You will have excellent communication skills and must be willing to learn.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Assist in the execution and maintenance of the Compliance Risk Management Framework.
- Proactively manage the annual Compliance E-learning Training programmer and ensure that appropriate training is available to relevant members of staff and that training is completed as required. Take ownership of the delivery of compliance induction training and assist in the delivery of the face to face compliance training.
- Take full responsibility for the maintenance of the Compliance registers and ensure that all routine regulatory engagements/returns are completed and delivered in a timely manner.
- Proactively assist in the monitoring and oversight of CBA’s AML/CTF programme including day to day KYC queries, review and approve of high risk client files and assist with sanctions related issues, and undertake timely and thorough investigation of AML transaction monitoring alerts.
- Assist in the analysis of the impact of new/proposed/amended laws, regulations and industry codes to ensure compliance and assist with implementation efforts.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and on-going improvement of the London branch compliance (including AML) manuals, policies, procedures and systems.
The Commonwealth Bank of Australia was established in Europe since 1913 and has strong positions in a diverse range of market segments and regions in Europe. We are focused on building partnerships in areas of business where our credibility, Australian market expertise and product offering combine to deliver a real advantage to clients.
The Bank's market presence in Europe has been established to provide leading financial services to financial institutions, non-bank financial institutions and corporates & multinationals. In addition to this, the Bank also provides migrant banking services.
If you are interested in this opportunity and fill the requirements, please apply here submitting a copy of your CV.
Closing date: Thursday, 6 October 2016