Compliance Associate / Senior Associate
- Market rate plus benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Maxis Investments Ltd
- 20 Sep 16
London based UK securities and investment firm is looking for a Compliance Associate / Senior Associate. Monitoring business activity and conducting regular reviews to ensure compliance with the FCA rules and regulations, relevant guidelines and policies, analysing regulatory changes and developing a framework of internal codes, policies and procedures and implementing best practice.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertaking the Compliance Monitoring Programme covering the UK regulated Brokerage and Investment Advisory business, in line with FCA Handbook requirements;
- Maintain and monitor the Company’s Compliance Manual and Compliance Monitoring Program and adjust in line with continuous FCA handbook changes. Liaison with all business areas including employee training as required;
- Reporting on findings of the compliance monitoring programmes with suggested recommendations;
- Assist in the preparation of compliance/ regulatory update reports to the Board and Group;
- Maintain awareness of regulatory/compliance developments, assess the impact to the business and initiate necessary changes or seek to ensure that relevant managers initiate such changes;
- Reviewing client account opening and verification KYC documents in line with UK AML regulations and remaining abreast of changes to AML regulations;
- Reviewing counterparty account opening documents and counterparty risk;
- Preparing and updating Company's internal procedures and policies for different areas of business to minimize operational risks and to ensure compliance with the FCA and other relevant rules and regulations;
- Providing advice regarding the interpretation of FCA rules and guidance to the Firm and addressing Auditors queries together with the Finance Department during the audit process.
- Provide advice as necessary (under supervision) on UK financial services compliance matters in connection with both existing and new business proposals.
- Ensuring the timely submission of FCA Gabriel reporting under supervision;
- Conducting regulatory reporting responsibilities of the firm in coordination with Finance and Operations departments, specifically the monthly CMAR.
- Oversee the operational effectiveness of the firm’s systems and controls in line with the firms CMP that are designed to achieve compliance with the UK rules.
- Assisting dealing and investment management staff with relevant compliance issues (e.g. trade allocation, best execution, conflicts of interest management, WHT, new markets);
- Remaining abreast of relevant regulatory developments and their implications for the Company;
- Ensuring employees are issued with and return the required compliance documentation;
- Ensuring compliance information is held securely and that record keeping requirements are adhered to; and
- Assist with ad hoc projects
- Preferably 2-5 years of previous experience in compliance within a bank/financial institution regulatory compliance departments of a financial consultancy/audit firm, or regulatory authorities.
- Educated to at least degree level, preferably a degree in law or compliance & risk or CISI Diploma in Compliance (equivalent).
- Good working knowledge or strong interest in compliance with FCA guidelines and - regulations, specifically COB, GENPRU, BIPRU, MiFID I &II , EMIR.
- A confident team player as well as being able to work on own initiative.
- Self-motivated with strong analytical skills
- Good reporting and presentation skills plus have willingness and capacity to learn.
- A “can-do” attitude and thrive on challenges.