Compliance Manager - Banking Reform
- GBP70000 - GBP75000 per annum + car allowance
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Sep 16
We are looking for a Compliance Manager - Banking Reform to join our Baking Reform Project team based in London.
You like making a difference
We feel exactly the same
We are looking for a Compliance Manager - Banking Reform to join our Baking Reform Project team based in London. The Banking Reform (Financial Services) Act 2013 is one of the most critical pieces of work facing the banking industry therefore Santander UK's Banking Reform Project team are looking for a proactive individual who is well versed in this legislation and the regulatory environment.
Our people are passionate about truly listening to our customers to make banking more simple, personal and fair. And change like that doesn't happen unless we all speak up with new ideas and challenge things that could be better.
As a Compliance Manager - Banking Reform your main responsibilities will be
- Ensuring effective and timely briefing of senior management and governance committees on Banking Reform regulatory developments and engagements. This would include pro-actively identifying and escalating any trends, issues, risks or concerns which could negatively impact the relationship with any of the regulators and maintaining an up to date knowledge of how policy is developing
- Carrying out in depth reviews of banking reform policy developments and working with colleagues to understand how these may relate to wider regulatory policy developments/changes (e.g. with regard to MiFID II, EMIR)
- Preparation of briefing materials for regulatory and other external meetings on banking reform, e.g. presentations, written or verbal briefings, organising internal prep meetings;
- Internal reporting on Banking Reform developments to the Project's governance/committees
- Provide Compliance support and guidance to the business in the area of expertise, escalating more complex issues where they arise
- Project management and tracking of waivers and permissions changes required as part of the Banking Reform project
- Review, research, develop and recommend systems, procedures and services within specialist areas to support quality assessments of compliance functions and, where deficiencies are identified, recommend improvements
What we'll be looking for in you
- Knowledge of the Banking Reform (Financial Services) Act 2013;
- Overall theoretical understanding of Compliance concepts and techniques, and ability to translate knowledge and experience into recommendations to add value to the business;
- Experience in the UK regulatory environment;
- Experience analysing complex policy changes and their commercial impact or read across to other policy developments;
- Excellent written and verbal analysis;
- First rate stakeholder management, organisation skills and prioritisation.
For your commitment and success, we offer one of the most competitive basic salaries with a distinct career development opportunity.
The Salary range for the role will be circa £70-£75k
Other Santander benefits include:
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- 30 days Holiday plus bank holidays with the option to buy and sell 5
- Product discounts
- Retail and High Street discounts
- Sharesave Scheme
- Flex benefits including childcare vouchers
- £6k Car allowance
Why take on a new role with us?
With over 150 years of experience, we've built a strong, international presence, with more branches worldwide than any other bank. Dedicated to making things simple, personal and fair for our customers, our aim is to become the best bank in the UK, and we know we can't make it happen without our people. That's why we promote an environment where everyone counts. With us, you'll be encouraged to develop both professionally and personally, and by listening to your unique perspective, and turning your ideas into action, we'll grow along with you.
We are committed to helping you achieve a reasonable balance between your home and working life. To support you in meeting your commitments outside of work, we offer a range of flexible work options, including part-time working, job sharing, career breaks and flexible holiday options and we support you to make a difference in your local community with volunteering and fundraising schemes.