Compliance Manager - Oil & Gas
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Salary: £75,000 - £105,000
A global commodities sales and trading business is looking for someone to join their compliance team to cover their Oil and Gas trading desks.
A global commodities sales and trading business is looking for someone to join their compliance team to cover their Oil and Gas trading desks. The role will be sat on the trading floor providing advisory, monitoring and surveillance compliance support for the businesses.
As part of the Compliance function, you’ll play a vital role in the team together with the other compliance analysts in undertaking reviews such as post-implementation reviews, desk reviews and bench profiles as required. Developing and maintaining a strong understanding of regulatory and Group requirements, you’ll generate an understanding of their impact on compliance and business activities, whilst also escalating regulatory and compliance issues in a timely fashion.
- Identifying, assessing and monitoring compliance risks and requirements applicable to the business
- Supporting the risk based monitoring programme including transaction monitoring and business communications
- Advising and monitoring relevant FCA rules in relation to regulated products, inside information, conflicts of interests;
- Advising business on ABC and AML when entering into jurisdictions with low TI scores and adding that to the AML monitoring programme;
- Training of IST Staff on regulatory and compliance requirements and group’s standards and procedures related to trading compliance
- strong background in regulatory compliance with solid exposure to oil, gas or emissions trading products.
- With knowledge of control matters and ability to identify and assess compliance risks
- able to understand and translate legal and regulatory concepts for business stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- Leveraging excellent oral and written communication skills you will work creatively to achieve identified goals both individually and as part of a broader global function.
- strong problem solving and analytical skills
- keen attention to detail.