Compliance Monitoring Manager – Wholesale Banking and Global Wealth (London)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- National Bank of Abu Dhabi
- 23 Sep 16
The National Bank of Abu Dhabi is currently looking for a Compliance Monitoring Manager to cover the Wholesale Banking and Global Wealth Teams. The role will take direction and supervision to undertake Compliance Monitoring reviews, and related actions whilst providing senior management assurance that activities are being performed and carried out in accordance with local laws, rules, regulations and internal policies.
- To undertake Compliance monitoring reviews covering to Wholesale Banking and Global Wealth, to ensure alignment with local regulatory requirements via concise, accurate and disciplined compliance reporting.
- Assist in developing and implementing a risk-based Compliance Monitoring Programme (CMP) and ensure reviews are appropriately implemented and performed.
- To produce timely reports of compliance monitoring reviews for senior management, including MI of outcomes and updates on follow-up actions for the Compliance and Risk Committee as appropriate.
- To track reported regulatory weaknesses and areas of non-compliance for management, together with recommendations for corrective action.
- Produce timely and appropriate updates, and undertake follow-ups, on the status of corrective actions.
- Assisting and coordinating with external and internal auditors on reviews and information requests to ensure smooth delivery and the follow-up of actions.
- To keep up to date and abreast of regulatory and developments in the UK, specifically those impacting NBAD’s UK Operations to be advise and assist Local management.
- Assist in providing guidance, advice and support in relation to all regulatory matters applicable to UK and ensure continued technical understanding of the activities and regulations.
- Assist in devising and implementing UK regulatory compliance policies/procedures to ensure they are effective policies and up-to-date.
- Conduct ad -hoc investigations or reviews as and when required. Perform other additional tasks as required from time to time as directed by Head of Compliance (UK).
- Promoting a good compliance culture by adherence to policies, procedures and codes of conduct and ethics, applicable form time to time, including requirements to manage confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
- Educated to degree level, preferably with some further professional qualifications in accountancy, legal or banking.
- At least 5 years of demonstrable experience in Compliance Monitoring role, within a Bank’s compliance. Excellent understanding and knowledge of laws and international practices
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills with good leadership skills
- Proactive, with the ability to generate ideas, think creatively and develop innovative solutions
- Fluent in English with strong written and verbal skills