Compliance Officer, Fixed Income Advisory - Contract
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Trevose Partners Limited
- 28 Sep 16
The Compliance advisory team in London supporting the FIC business line within the Markets Division, as part of the global FIC Compliance advisory team, ensuring that required compliance processes are in place and operational.
The Compliance Officer for Fixed Income will provide advisory coverage for the Fixed income business line in London within the Markets division of GBIS, including the support/operational functions directly supporting the business line under the management of the Lead Compliance officer in London.
Primary responsibilities are to ensure the individual is able to provide effective and timely advice to the business, to partner effectively with other control and support functions as necessary and to play a full part in the regulatory and reputational risks arising from the business.
- Proactively maintain relationships and open communication with, and actively promote Compliance in front of the business line and other control functions, and providing support where necessary to address compliance requirements.
- Proactively provide compliance and regulatory advisory services to the FIC business line as required and the relevant support to the operational functions covering this business line.
- Advising on compliance and regulatory aspects of new FIC products and participate in New Products Approval Committees.
- Maintaining a strong working knowledge of the regulatory and exchange rules and regulations applicable to the business line.
- Assist in the design and deliver of regulatory trainings for the business line using one-to-one and classroom methodologies.
- Provide support to the Compliance staff in other locations as required, in understanding the regulatory risks and the impact of the London-based markets practices and FCA Rules on staff based overseas whose activities impact the UK markets.
- Driving a process of continuous improvement (and simplification where possible) of existing compliance procedures and controls as well as introducing new and adapted procedures and controls where appropriate
- Active participation in investigations into incidents arising within the business lines that are the focus of the team.
- Active participation to regulatory enquiries and liaising with internal groups to obtain information.
- Support the resolution of any internal (Audit or else) or regulatory recommendations in relation to Sales, Trading and Structuring activities.
- Good understanding of Fixed Income activities
- Strong working knowledge of UK FCA regulatory and exchange rules relevant to Fixed Income
- Knowledge of existing EU directives relating to financial services
- Exposure to upcoming EU regulation is recommended