Compliance and Conduct Risk Senior Manager
- GBP52575 - GBP82800 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 23 Sep 16
Our vision is to make Lloyds Banking Group the best bank for customers. As the UK's largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and to put customers at the heart of everything we do. To achieve this, we also need to be the best bank for our colleagues and our communities - and we have a clear strategy in place to make this a reality. We are building on our many strengths: iconic brands, strong heritages and great people. To unlock the great potential in our business, we are becoming more efficient, more transparent, and more responsive to customers. Already the UK's largest community investor, we are giving even more back. Above all, we are putting customers first.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Group Digital Compliance & Conduct team. We are at the heart of the strategy to transform digital capability and this role represents an ideal position to join the team at a pivotal point in the transformation journey.
In this role that matters, you will play a critical role, shaping innovative responses to the evolving conduct risk landscape, transforming our approach to delivering customer fair outcomes. The role will allow the holder to gain deep insight into Group Digital's business practices, providing an ideal vehicle for colleagues interested in this expanding area.
This is a high profile role and will provide exposure across multiple Group Digital stakeholders and our wider Group partners. You'll be working closely with senior stakeholders demonstrating your brilliant influencing skills coupled with an ability to communicate at all levels. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly driven individual looking to progress their career.
Your accountabilities will include;
* Leading the development and implementation of conduct risk initiatives, working individually and/or collaboratively with stakeholders, creating proposals to enhance customer fair outcomes or address business problems.
* Acting as a source of professional and technical expertise in order to evaluate, review, investigate, challenge & mitigate the potential for customer and regulatory risk arising from existing and proposed processes, projects etc.
* Researching and evaluating developments across the wider digital industry in order to prepare propositions which enhance Digital's conduct risk management.
* Preparing and interpreting, with insight and information from multiple sources, recommendations for action, which also provide a basis for delivering challenging guidance and advice to influence decisions and behaviours across Group Digital and within assigned projects.
* Developing a network of external advisers and practitioners to advise Group Digital of the implications of best practice ensuring legal, regulatory and professional compliance.
* Building and maintaining a cross-functional internal network of key stakeholders to establish understanding of the appetite for risk and how it can best be implemented.
* Providing BUCF challenge and advice to Group Digital.
As the successful candidate you will be expected to have deep knowledge of conduct risk and/or a have a strong track record in Risk Management and Compliance. Experience in project management and planning is also desirable
The culture in Group Digital brings together smart, talented, people from diverse backgrounds that enjoy a collaborative and innovative environment that supports flexible and agile working.
You'd be joining a leading digital organisation with the career potential you'd expect and develop a set of highly sought after transferable skills. We'll also provide a package that includes a performance-related bonus, generous pension contribution, car/allowance and a range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle