Contract Finance Director (Maternity Cover)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Sep 16
The Finance Director role is a senior and crucial position – to provide strong support to the senior management from a financial, strategic and commercial perspective whilst ensuring operational excellence and compliance with regulatory policies and procedures. Regulatory experience is a must.
The Finance Director of the EMEA Region is primarily responsible for:
- The efficient and timely processing of all financial transactions and financial compliance throughout EMEA Region, primarily United Kingdom and Europe, including local tax and statutory financial reporting requirements.
- Oversee the preparation of financials and accounting reports and ensure adherence to UK GAAP and IFRS, as required.
- Responsible for monitoring of daily client money calculations and upkeep of related policies and procedures, including the CASS Resolution Pack.
- To take the CF10a position.
- Manage annual budgeting and quarterly re-forecasting process.
- Managing client money and associated requirements.
- Regulatory returns and capital calculations.
Oversee the accounting department for the region. Compliance with all internal and external policies, principles, guidelines and relevant local/state/federal legislation on financial and accounting related matters.
- Oversight of various financial analysis activities including variance analysis and the monthly reporting process.
- Review reconciliations for all Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Accounts, ensuring they are complete and in compliance with UK GAAP and IFRS and regulatory requirements.
- Manage all financial reporting requirements including balance sheet, income statement, equity statement and statement of cash flows and other supplemental information for inclusion in the consolidated reporting package.
- Administer, in liaison with tax advisors, all tax matters related to AFEX region assigned companies (estimates, accruals, return filings, etc.).
- Administer the financial audits of the company’s accounts of the AFEX region assigned.
- Oversight and final review of budgeting and forecasting scenarios for the region.
- Direction and review of financial reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Support General Manager in ad hoc financial analysis and business related initiatives.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all financial legal responsibilities as well as internal and external policies, principles, guidelines and legislation on financial management.
- Management and review of risk management strategies and processes.
- Monitoring monthly performance against budget.
- Ensuring compliance with all internal and external policies, principles, guidelines and legislation on financial management.
- Manage all tax compliance for United Kingdom and Europe (Corporation Tax, VAT, GST, Payroll Tax, Local Income Tax Returns).
- Monthly Board reports for AFEX Markets Plc.
- Chairing quarterly board meetings for AFEX Markets Plc.
- Annual (or more frequently as required) preparation of ICAAP for AFEX Markets Plc.
- All other duties as directed by Management.
- Manage, coach, counsel staff reporting to role.
- Assign and monitor workflow of staff.
- Act as representative for AFEX in matters relating to role and responsibilities.
- Reports to the Chief Financial Officer and the EMEA General Manager on a day to basis.
- Accountable to perform all duties efficiently and effectively and within set deadlines
- Accountable to co-workers to provide back-up services as requested and/or required.
The Finance Director supports the Regional General Manager and manages a team to provide financial direction for the company. This will require:
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in financial management
- Bachelor’s degree
- ACCA/CIMA or ACA required
- Technical competence in IFRS
- Previous experience managing a financial accounting team
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Strong regulatory skills
- Experience in Client Money (CF10a)
- Experience with accounting for international subsidiaries and / or affiliates preferred