Credit Analyst- Deputy Head- Global Oil&Gas Firm
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
A Global oil and gas trading firm is looking for a Senior Credit analyst to deputise as the lead credit analyst and sole point of contact for the oil business.An oil and gas supermajor is looking for a Senior Credit analyst to deputise as the lead credit analyst and sole point of contact for the oil business. They are looking to utilise the experience of Senior Credit Analyst to manage a number of the group. The role will involve liaising with traders, senior management and have opportunities to gain massive exposure to large areas of the business on a global scale.
- Conduct creditworthiness reviews on all existing and prospective counterparties for energy portfolios.
- Conduct counterparty compliance assessments (periodic and ad hoc)
- Work alongside internal stakeholders on credit related issues
- Preparation of credit applications
- Sole point of contact for all liaisons with the oil trading desks
- Review, interpret and modify Risk Management Policy where appropriate.
- Liaise with senior management to recommend changes in credit limits/approval
- Monitor counterparty exposure and control credit status of approved counterparty
- Ability to interact with front office credit support
- Educated to a degree level, ideally in a highly numerate subject
- Previous experience (4+ years) credit review of counterparties
- Experience of managing/mentoring juniors
- Excellent knowledge of oil products
- Knowledge of shipping operations is a bonus
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office, excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel