Credit Derivatives IPV Methodology VP
- £-Market Rate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Eames Consulting UK
- 22 Sep 16
Credit Derivatives IPV Methodology VP/London/£-Market Rate
Leading Investment Bank is searching for a technical candidate to join their XVA IPV Methodology team in London. This role has been created by a growth of the desk and is an ideal opportunity for a candidate currently in an IPV role looking for more of a technical challenge within a Methodology function.
- Supervision of a team performing the independent valuation control process for XVA.
- Maintaining a large number of stakeholder relationships across the organization, including Front Office, Risk, Model Validation and Finance.
- A subject matter expert ensuring that valuation methods and policies are enacted in accordance with fair value.
- Operating in a changing environment as the XVA encompasses a series of emerging valuation themes that require addressing.
- Working closely with the methodology teams to ensure model and marking appropriateness of the XVA.
- Strong mathematical academic background – CFA or MSc in a mathematical subject is preferred.
- Experience of managing a small team
- Strong understanding of valuation control processes within an another Investment Bank.
- Detailed knowledge of financial instrument valuation and risks measurement in a complex product area. In addition, working knowledge of derivatives pricing models and analytic libraries is useful. Cross-asset experience is desirable
- Experience of working in a markets investment banking environment either in a quantitative, valuation, risk management capacity.
- Good understanding of Derivative Valuation Models—should be able to understand their workings intuitively and be able to communicate with quants on Model related issues.
This opportunity offers daily interaction with the front office and it is therefore essential the candidate has strong interpersonal skills. This role offers strong mobility opportunities both into the Head of Methodology position but also directly into a front office role in the future.