Credit Risk Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Elevate Credit International
- 20 Sep 16
Elevate was founded on a legacy of data and innovation coupled with a customer-first approach. Thats why we're committed to providing solutions for non-prime customers today, and have never lost sigh of our purpose of helping them on their way to a better financial future. Due to increasing demand, we now have an opportunity to expand our business and are looking to hire a Credit Risk Analyst on a permanent basis within our London offices.
The role offers an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated, highly numerate analyst to develop further in a high performance credit risk team, where they will have a pivotal role in the development and profitability of a growth business. The role will involve working across the whole customer life span but focusing on underwriting, affordability and verification's/ fraud.
The candidate must have the ability to take ownership of credit initiatives as they will be expected to design, oversee the implementation and produce relevant monitoring of credit management strategies that will enable Elevate to control lending risk, and deliver sustainable growth and meet customer needs across its current products.
Strong communication skills (written and oral) are essential as not only does the role require the candidate to support the development of the other analysts within the Credit risk team but also liaise with stakeholders outside the credit risk team internal and external to the company.
Success will require an analytic mindset coupled with the pragmatism to facilitate change in a fast paced organisation backed by a focus on doing the right thing for customers. Therefore ensuring Elevates core values are always being followed.
Main Duties (responsibilities, key result areas, team function):
Credit Policy and Strategy
- Recommend improvements through policy changes and assist in changes to ensure best practices
- Support the implementation of new policy’s by liaising with IT/Ops/marketing/decision science as needed.
- Peer - review changes made by other members of the Credit Team
- Ad hoc analysis into segment performance
- Continually seeking out new vendors and reviewing new data sources
Control / Audit
- Oversee and maintain robust documentation around existing and new policy
- Oversee and maintain logs and audit trails for all changes to policy
- Ensure BAU strategies are continuously audited and monitored
- Present analysis of credit proposals to Senior Management
- Stand in for Head of Risk Management when needed
- Work closely with peers in marketing, compliance, IT, ops to ensure Elevate wins together
- Assist in managing relations with 3rd party vendors
- Manages the production/ design and scheduling of detailed credit risk reporting ensuring it is relevant to current strategies and working as expected.
- Overseeing all reporting outputted from all team members.
- Requirement to travel to our second office - Bury, St Edmunds at least once per month.
To be successful at this role, you will offer:
- 2.1 or higher Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative/numerical subject
- 3+ year’s analytics experience in personal finance.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- 3+ years of Excel (VB, Pivots, Macros, etc.)
- 3+ years knowledge of SAS and SQL
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze trends and suggest solutions to challenges while maintaining the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Working knowledge of UK credit bureaus and the products available on the market.
- Excellent organisational / time management skills and attention to detail are a must.
- Demonstrates adaptability – Works effectively in the faces of stress, ambiguity, difficult situations and shifting priorities.
- Innovates – Challenges the status quo thinking to generate new ideas; takes open minded approach to situations.
- Self-starter attitude,
- Ability to multi task and drive more than one initiative simultaneously.
- Experience in subprime lending
In return, we are able to offer a competitive salary coupled with a comprehensive benefits package and a bi-annual bonus. Should you feel that your personal profile fits the desired criteria, we would welcome you to submit your resume as an application for review.