Credit Risk Management, Prime Brokerage - Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Sep 16
Morgan Stanley is seeking a professional with experience in the management of counterparty credit risk to serve as a Vice President in London. The role sits within the Counterparty Credit Risk team and reports to the EMEA Head of Funds. We seek candidates with a strong desire to learn and the ability to work well as both an individual and as a member of the larger regional and global team.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The cornerstone of Morgan Stanley's risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects Morgan Stanley's capital base and franchise. Risk Management protects the Firm from exposure to losses resulting from defaults by our lending and trading counterparties.
Credit Risk Management (CRM) evaluates credit risk transactions and approves, rejects or modifies them considering the availability and appropriateness of arrangements for reducing risk or risk mitigation. The department also assigns Internal Credit Ratings; establishes and manages credit risk limits in accordance with the risk tolerance established by the Board; monitors and reports on credit risk exposures on a regular basis to the Chief Risk Officer and senior management. CRM also interacts with business units to ensure that credit risk assessments are factored into business decisions.
• Credit risk oversight of E-Trading client activity and subject matter expertise:
- Contribute to the implementation of an enhanced E-Trading Credit Risk Management Framework, including leading core workstreams.
- Independently drive the identification, analysis and management of credit risks from electronically traded products.
- Assess credit risks associated with E-trading activity across counterparties and products, including intraday credit risk monitoring and new products / systems.
- Work closely with a diverse set of stakeholders within the front office as well as other functional support groups.
• Counterparty assessment and setting of credit limits:
- Conduct credit due diligence and perform credit assessment for Asset Managers.
- Set credit risk limits per client, product and portfolios of clients/products in accordance with the Firm’s risk appetite.
- Transaction analysis and credit approval including credit risk mitigation and documentation requirements.
- Review intraday risk limit framework and utilization.
- Perform stress testing and analysis of results.
• Governance and controls framework:
- Contribute to policies and procedures that clearly document CRM’s responsibilities in E-trading.
- Represent CRM in committees on electronic trading.
- Provide ad-hoc and regular reporting to CRM’s senior management.
• Experience in counterparty credit risk management is essential. Experience of E-Trading would be ideal but is not essential.
• Strong knowledge of financial products is essential, including an understanding of risk representations (including greeks) and a solid understanding of risk management concepts such as VaR, stress testing, scenario analysis, and capital is required.
• Prior exposure to credit risk assessment of Asset Managers in the EMEA region.
• Proactive with the ability to work as both part of a close-knit team and independently.
• Strong communications skills, verbal and written and ability to build relationships internally and externally.
• Strong analytical background.
• Some project management experience with achievements of working on complex initiatives across several departments within an investment banking environment would be an advantage.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all
individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a
broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents,
perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on
recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.