Data Scientist - Funds, Algorithms, Analytics
- Very competitive
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- McCabe & Barton
- 23 Jul 17
Fantastic opportunity for a Data Scientist to join a small securities organisation in the city where they will be responsible for leading and defining the data science team.
My client, a city based specialist in Exchange Traded Funds are looking to appoint a Data Scientist.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small, growing organisation that have the feel of a start-up but is a well established highly profitable global organisation.
You will be responsible for driving the adoption of data analytics and market insights across the firm, specifically across the Sales and Marketing teams.
You will grow revenues through insights into financial market dynamics and social media campaigns; deliver market profiling solutions and support the monetisation of the firms strategic data assets.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Lead ideation and pitching/presenting these to the Sales and Marketing teams
- Coding of algorithms, models and interpreting their results
- Implement machine learning solutions to drive targeted marketing campaigns
- Be the firms data advocate
Prior experience will include:
- Ideally PhD level education in an Engineering, Science or Maths based subject
- Background in statistical analysis, data cleansing and data wrangling
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: Python, Scala, R
- Machine Learning experience or evidence of interest in this field
We are open to your domain knowledge and are particularly interested in candidates with experience of Retail, Telco, Health, FinTech and Start-Ups. However, if you feel you have the experience we are looking for I am keen to hear from you.
This is a senior position reporting into the Head of Technology, joining a team who are embarking on an exciting journey to become more entrepreneurial and drive company revenues.