Desktop Support Analyst
Mitsubishi UFJ Securities International (MUSI) is the European hub of MUFG’s securities business. Headquartered in London we have just over 600 employees and are active throughout the international capital markets, focusing on debt, equity, derivatives and structured products. It is this vision and our corporate values that reflect who we are and guide how we behave. We therefore strive to recruit individuals who share our vision and values, and who have the motivation and commitment to help us move our business forward.
Overview of the Department/Section:
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG has a global network with 1,100 offices in over 40 countries. The Group has over 140,000 employees, offering services including corporate banking, commercial banking, retail banking, wealth management, investment banking, capital markets, personal and corporate trust, and transaction banking.
The Group’s operating companies include Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation (Japan’s leading trust bank), and Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings Co., Ltd., one of Japan’s largest securities firms.
MUFG conducts securities business internationally through its overseas subsidiaries Mitsubishi UFJ Securities International plc, Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (USA) Inc., Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (Hong Kong), Ltd. and Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (Singapore), Ltd. With each member of the group working in partnership with one another, MUFG provides best in class service and products to corporate and institutional clients.
Mitsubishi UFJ Securities International (MUSI) is the European hub of MUFG’s securities business. Headquartered in London we have just over 600 employees and are active throughout the international capital markets, focusing on debt, equity, derivatives and structured products. Due to the diverse nature of our business we require a clear unifying vision for all of our people. It is this vision and our corporate values that reflect who we are and guide how we behave. We therefore strive to recruit individuals who share our vision and values, and who have the motivation and commitment to help us move our business forward.
Department Overview/Main purpose of the role:
In recent years the organisation has seen significant growth and has undergone structural changes that have resulted in four overseas subsidiaries joining together to form an International company. The firm continues to advance whilst working to meet the increasing amounts of regulatory change presented to financial institutions.
The Service Desk is the face of IT, and the first point of contact for all IT related matters, supporting users in offices around the world. The Service Desk provides 1st/2nd line support for IT issues, requests and systems access management. The IT support function is essential to our business and it is pivotal to the success of the Technology department. The role that the Service Desk plays is key to the firm’s success and it is in this field that Mitsubishi Securities have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Service Desk Analyst.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated person, who thrives in a busy environment and has impeccable customer service skills. They should have a positive can-do attitude and be keen to develop new skills and technologies. Being able to demonstrate a good level of technical aptitude is essential, as is a logical approach to problem solving. The successful candidate will have an IT Service Desk background, ideally working in the financial sector.
IT Infrastructure is a section within the Corporate Technology department that provides IT support and services to all business users. The team specializes in the following fields: Service Desk/Trade Floor Support, IT Operations, Networks, Voice, Market Data, UNIX/Linux, Windows, Database and Audio/Visual. The infrastructure team aims to provide a high quality customer service experience to all of our business customers as they strive to meet the needs of working for one of the world’s leading financial groups.
• Support and maintenance of MUFG desktop environment
• Intalling, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all hardware and equipment
• Collaborate with 3rd level support to prevent system downtime
• End user hardware relocations
• Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot Enterprise applications
• Diagnose and quickly resolve a wide range of application, hardware and networking problems to help minimize downtime
• Desk side incident resolution when required
Skills and experience:
• Excellent technical knowledge of pcs and desktop hardware
• 2 years previous desktop support experience, preferably in the financial services sector
• Strong knowledge of common Microsoft based operating systems and applications, with emphasis on Windows 7 and Office 2010
• Solid Active Directory administration experience
• Blackberry and GOOD administration and provisioning
• ITIL knowledge preferred but not essential
• Experience in the following technologies beneficial, but not essential:
• Hardware: Dell PC’s, Laptops, HP/Ricoh printers, Cisco phones, Blackberries, BYOD devices, RSA
• Software: Altiris, Citrix, Exchange 2010, Appsense, Microsoft App-V, Microsoft Lync
• Trade floor support and associated software stack