Director - Corporate Credit Risk Managment
- Competitive + bonus + benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 01 Sep 16
My Client, an International Bank in London is looking to hire an individual with 5-10 years of experience within Corporate Credit Risk Management. They will be assessing, monitoring and managing corporate credit risk inherent to the operations of the bank’s lending business, along with associated derivative exposures and other ancillary activities. This will include transactional approvals driven by new business deal flow as well as periodic reviews of existing portfolio exposure.
- Carry out thorough analysis of credit applications, develop and present clear objective recommendations to higher levels of senior management within the bank, to enable credit judgments to be made.
- Review and monitor the credit risk in the existing corporate portfolio and ensure that risk ratings are up to date and accurate and that such risks are properly identified and managed. Ensure early identification of developing risk issues are promptly communicated to management.
- Monitor developments across specific industry sectors, identifying major risk factors and investigate any adverse developments that may affect portfolio; bringing these to the attention of senior members of the CRM team.
- Assist in maintaining a constructive partnership relationship with Corporate Bankers and wider lines of business in order to support them in achieving their strategic plans. Effectively liaise with, and provide guidance to, the business on credit related matters.
- Assist in instilling a strong credit culture through gaining a clear understanding of the risk appetite, culture and risk governance and further ensure compliance with credit policy and regulatory requirements. Develop a clear knowledge of systems, policies, procedures and sectors of operation.