- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 10 Sep 17
Director, Loans & Agency Operations, UK & Europe
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Job Purpose:
A Director level role reporting directly to the department head, having leadership, team management & senior subject matter expertise responsibilities. The candidate must have strong loans & agency domain knowledge, be well connected to market practice & emerging developments and a proven capability in building & managing world class Operations services teams.
* Key senior member of the L&A UK management team
* Management of the team performing data, control and MIS related functions
* A lead department SME for the Loans & Agency service offering and related service models, processes and functional technology.
* Develop and implement new processes, services and practices within the wider department in line with business and group requirements
* Member of the L&A Operations Management team
* Head of Operations, Loans & Agency, UK & Europe (reporting line)
* Head of Operations, Loans & Agency, Hong Kong
* Head of Transaction Management Group, Loans & Agency
* Group Head of Loans & Agency, ITO
* FM CSDG Business Leads, primarily Syndications & Trade Financing
* Risk Managers
* Responsible Person of Operational Risk, to ensure the appropriate controls and checks are in place & effective for this team
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Enter roles and responsibilities
* Ownership and management of the Trade Facilitation and Control team responsible for:
* ACBS data capture/integrity for syndicated loan facilities
* Client profie creation including amendments
* Call back validation
* Nostro/sundry/suspense reconciliation coordination
* Financial Covenant distribution
* Document safekeeping
* Management & development of the Trade Facilitation and Control team of circa 5 staff, including objective setting, performance management, workload management, communications & governance.
* Ownership for sourcing, analysing & reporting of the departmental Key Risk Indicators. Responsible for identification & elimination of underlying root causes for key risks.
* Ownership of the departmental capacity models & volume metrics, including assessment of capacity levels & resourcing requirements.
* Design, document and implement processes to meet new Business / Client demand for services within agreed scope & to deliver operational efficiencies.
* Active partnership with other Loans & Agency, ITO and Business Origination & Syndication teams across multiple geographies.
* Represent the department at Risk, Group Operations and departmental team meetings.
* Plus any other responsibilities of the department and as determined by your line manager.
Qualifications and Skills
Enter qualifications and skills
* 10 years Loan Agency background.
* 5+ years of managing teams within a Loans & Agency department
* Demonstrable experience of Structured Trade Finance, Project and Export Finance, Structured Export Finance and other deal types a must
* Excellent leadership & team management
* Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders
* Proven ability to lead, facilitate & deliver effective Change.
* Good attention to detail & ability to precisely specify deliverables & processes.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Knowledge of ACBS preferred.
350+ Borrowers across multiple geographies, including a significant emerging markets footprint.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 23/09/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.