Director of Compliance - Underwriting/MGA experience
London, England, United Kingdom
The client in question is very diverse covering numerous businesses lines and has an excellent brand name within the market.
This is a brand new role within a global company and will report into the Global Head of Compliance as well as a dotted line into the COO of the underwriting division. Fundamentally, you will be responsible for building out a compliance framework from scratch. It will be your responsibility to weigh up the division’s commercial risk and regulatory risk and strike the right balance between the two. The initial short term emphasis will be on conduct risk and how the business treats its customers at each state of the consumer lifecycle.
In order to be successful in this position, you will have to be an individual who has extremely strong communication skills as dealing with and liaising with senior stakeholders across the business is imperative. You must be comfortable with championing compliance internally as well as delivering cultural change across all levels of the business.
- Experience of working for a MGA and/or Underwriter is essential
- Previous experience of building out/improving a compliance function is highly desirable
- Mixture of both 1st and 2nd line compliance experience
- A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better
- Relevant professional qualification or degree