E&C IST Compliance Analyst – Projects
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- BP plc
- 29 Sep 16
BP is looking for an experienced Compliance Analyst to join its Ethics and Compliance (E&C) team aligned to its IST (Integrated Supply and Trading) business, based in London. Joining them, you’ll be part of a team responsible for the implementation of an effective and consistent compliance programme aligned to externally defined laws and regulations, the BP Code of Conduct, Global Trading Guidelines and certain identified internal standards. Specifically your role will focus on coordinating and delivering projects in support of the compliance framework, for both the Global Oil and International Gas business areas within IST.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing oversight, feedback and support for BP’s ethics & compliance program including our monitoring systems program, policies and procedures, quarterly management reports and annual risk review.
- Providing E&C input to the Group Risk Management Process as well as reviewing Group Audit recommendations and actions
- Supporting various stakeholders and engaging E&C IST leadership, Legal, IST front office management, IT&S, Operational Excellence and other functions, on various projects
- Collaborating with Group E&C to deliver Group E&C initiatives (including Code of Conduct training roll-outs, attendance at ECL Network calls etc.)
- Developing and delivering effective training on core risks as well as new trader induction, BP Global Trading Guidelines, business communications, external regulations including UK regulatory training
As part of the E&C Compliance Team you’ll play a vital role in develop effective and appropriate action plans to adjust the compliance risk monitoring program to reflect new high-priority risks and regulations. As a central point of contact, you’ll input to IST policies and procedures and participate in Global Compliance Team forums for ABC/AML.
To apply, you’ll need an undergraduate degree or equivalent, with solid experience within the regulatory arena, particularly regards knowledge of compliance, control and legal matters. You’ll also need excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills, liaising with and influencing business stakeholders at all levels of the organisation. A proven problem solver, you will have the drive and ability to work creatively to achieve identified goals, both individually and as part of the Global E&C function. With excellent analytical and reporting skills, you’ll be proficient with the MS office tools suite.
To find out more or to apply, visit jobs.bp.com
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
The role of Ethics & Compliance (E&C) is to promote and protect our reputation by building BP's capacity for ethical behaviour and its capability to comply with externally defined laws and regulations, the Code of Conduct and related group standards.
E&C is a function that works closely with business segments and functions across BP - helping line managers to fulfil their accountability for making sure that the high performance they aspire to is achieved ethically and within the boundaries of compliance. To address specific business issues we coach, train and provide practical tools and solutions to mitigate their risks. We help teams to raise issues too, through our group-wide annual Certification process. It's also our aim to help individuals use their voices to raise issues and concerns: in particular, we are responsible for the OpenTalk enquiries and concerns helpline.